-:- chapter 11 -:- ambush -:-

"Carl get the fuck up we're leaving!" I whisper yell at him not to wake the others.

He looks at me and is about to ask why but I give him a look that says, 'don't fucking argue' and he shuts his mouth and we walk outside.

I get on my bike and start on my way home.

Fuck that was too close he could have heard more. The only one to have witnessed my nightmares are Carl and Dom. I shouldn't have fallen asleep. I'm such an idiot.

When we get home I walk into the kitchen and grab a glass of water which is hard when your hands are shaking, Carl arrives a few seconds latter and takes the glass out of my hand.

"What happened AJ?" he questions

"Brayden put me in his room to sleep and while I was there I had a nightmare, he saw me have a nightmare Carl. He said he only heard me saying stop and betray but what if I said more. Omg I'm such an idiot I shouldn't have gone to sle-" I was cut off by Carl slapping a hand over my mouth.

"this is not your fault and I'm sure it wasn't that bad, now you need to calm down and maybe do some work and have you called Dom yet... no I didn't think so. So go do that and later we can get Starbucks chicken nuggets." I perk up he knows my weakness is chicken nuggets.

"really?" he laughs and nods. Yay nuggets

****

So turns out I have an office here with a big black wood desk and bookshelf on the wall and a couch, it even had a fireplace. It was beautiful. Before I start work though I have to call Dom.
D = Dom – A = Alexa

D – hey Alexa what do you need
A – I need to talk to my papa
D – what's wrong baby girl
A – I found my brother, I found Cammy.
there was silent for a solid 10 seconds
D – you mean you found... your twin
A – yeah
D – alright I'm coming down there I'll-I'll get the jet ready and be down there by tomorrow
A – papa calm down there is no need for you to come down here and put the gang in danger by leading people here. I talked with him Dom and he looked for me, he really did. His friends said that the never gave up. But my parent are dead.
D – I'm so happy for you mi hija
A – there's one other thing... His friend is the leader of silver bullets and we think they may be stealing from us. I don't know if Cam is in the gang though. what if things go south and I end up killing his best friend. God he'll hate me.
D – hey, hey darling it's gonna be ok. You'll figure it out like you always do. And remember I'm only a phone call away. You have Lorenzo, Carl and even Dess now to support you.
A – yeah thanks for giving me the heads up that Dess was here.
D – hahaha I thought you'd like the surprise. Anyway I have to go, love you mi hija.
A – love you too papa.

I hang up and get to work. Yay more paperwork.

****

I spent 2 hours on paperwork, Carl was right this did calm me down, working kept my mind busy, meaning less space in my brain to think about everything. After I was done I got a call from Des telling me there was a shipment going down in 30 minutes and asked if I wanted to tag along, it had been so long since I got to be the Death Angel that I eagerly agreed.

Although the Death Angel is meant to be missing right now so I guess being lil'demon will have to do.

"Carl!!!" I yell from my office. When he walks in I continue "time to be Lion And lil'demon." I say with a grin.

I similar grin appears on his face "wait really, what are we doing?"

"Des asked if we wanted to tag along on a shipment I said I would, do you wanna come?"

"oh, oh can I sit in with the tech crew?" don't get me wrong carl is a great shot and amazing in the field but he really loves guiding us from the tech room. It all started the first time he was injured so bad that he couldn't come on a mission to rescue a kidnaped gang member, so he sat in our tech crew and guided me through the building, it was his way of looking out for me when he couldn't be there physically.

"sure"

We both get into our mission gear I have at least a dozen knives on me and a glock just in case. The first thing you are trained with when joining the gang is a knife and you can't go on any missions until you are able to hit every target in the test, but if you are taking longer or are in danger we train you with a gun as well. I mean we aren't the black knives for nothing.

We get to the base and meet up with the guys going with us "alright with the threat of what we suspect is silver bullets we are taking a few extra guys tonight. Remember you knives and guns this may go bad." They all yell yes boss and I continue with the mantra "puede que no seamos sangre!" (we may not be blood)

"pero somos familia" (but we are family) they all reply with pride in their voices.

We had just finished sorting out the shipment and backing it into the vans when shots ring out. "GET DOWN" I yell and everyone gets in a defensive positions knives and guns in hand.

We are at the marine docks surrounded by shipping containers. I survey the surroundings alright, What I know: half my team is safe and back at the vans. I see 4 snipers and 3 guys on the ground.

Fuck its an ambush. I get as close as I can without being seen and throw a knife at one of the shooter. 1 down 6 to go.

I see one of my guys struggling while fighting another one so I sneak up behind him and knock him out. "thanks boss" I nod and tell him to get back to the van.

After 10 minutes we've got 5 down and 2 to go. "Bang, AHHHHH" shit that was Des. I spot him on the ground about 50 feet away. So I sprint over to him and get down on my knees "what's your status Des" I ask him as soon as I'm on the ground

"shot in the leg boss, shooter knifed but the basted got a shot in before I got mine." He clenches his teeth and I pick him up and put his arm over my shoulder. As we are almost back I feel a searing pain in my shoulder and stumble back when I look up I see the last shooter on top of a shipping container in front of us. How the fuck did he get there.

He's to far away to get with my knife even with my skills, instead I get my gun out and shoot. Got him. "boss you ok"

"yeah just skinned me." I try to lie without pain in my voice but fail miserably as we get back into the van. It's not until we are halfway back to base I start to get dizzy "fuck" I muttered looking down at my shoulder to see I've lost a lot of blood.

"AJ what the fuck you said it just grazed you!!" Des said as he started to clean the blood.

"I'll be fine just tell whoever's diving to hurry the fuck up." He nodded then headed to the front of the van "oi boys. You got any alcohol?"

One of them hands me a bottle of whiskey. Taking of the lid I take a big gulp and feel it burn down my throat. I hiss when the alcohol hits my wound but it had to be done, I don't have time for infections. "alright pass me the tweezers" the guys who's mane I learnt was Mack got out the first aid kit and dug for the tweezers.

Once he handed me the tweezers and a rag I put the rag in my mouth to bit down on and start digging into the bullet hole. Right when I'm about grab it whoever was driving made a sharp turn and made me miss the bullet. I bite back my scream and try again.

Finally I get the bullet out and put it in a container and start wrapping up my shoulder.

Once we get back to base Carl comes running up to me "what the hell happened AJ?"

"I'm fine. We got ambushed and I had to save D's ass and got shot in the shoulder" Des just glares at me while he's being helped to the medical room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N 

please vote.

Double update ;)