-:- chapter 6 -:- School -:-

Beep.

Beep.

Be-smash. Stupid alarm clock, and now I need a new one. What a great way to start the day. It's only 6:00 so I roll out of bed, literally.

After training for about an hour and a half, I shower and change for school, put on some black skinny jeans and a maroon top, I do some light makeup and twist my hair into 2 Dutch braids. Lastly, I chuck on some combat boots and walk downstairs to get something to eat.

When I get down to the kitchen everyone is already there eating, so I just grab a bowl of cereal and sit at the bench.

"Alright guys your school starts at 8:15 so you better get going and remember your names are Alexa and Carlos Reed, you are my foster kids and we moved here for a job opportunity, and I work in security ." I nod and put my bowl in the sink.

"Okay off to hell. And Carl, you're riding by yourself I'm taking my motorbike"

"Okay meet you there" he said, jumping up and walking with me to the garage.

When we get to school, I rev my engine and park my bike. Sitting there for a minute I notice everyone was staring at me. Some people even thought I was a dude. 

Pulling off my helmet and shaking my braids down, everyone just stands there shocked. What, never seen a girl on a motorcycle before?

Carl gets out of his car and all the girls start swarming all over him. He doesn't seem fazed, just comes and slings his arm over my shoulder. "Let's get this party started." I just laugh, as we head to the office.

When we walk in the old lady is too busy on the computer, and she doesn't notice us. "Uhmmm excuse me?" She looked up at us and then just went back to her computer, that pissed me off. "Listen you old hag, I haven't got all day so why don't you do your damn job and give us our schedules" she looked taken aback by my outburst, but Carlos smirked. He knows how I am.

"I-umm names please", she stuttered.

"Alexa and Carlos Reed." God, I already hate school.

"Right okay here are your class schedules and locker numbers and combinations." We grab the papers and walk out of the office.

"Okay so, we have most of the same classes and our lockers are next to each other, thank you Dominic" Carl says, as we look at our schedules.

1st Home room
2nd History
3rd English
4th Lunch
5th Free period
6th Math

When we got to our lockers to throw stuff in, I turned to Carl and bumped into someone, knocking their books down. "Sorry, didn't see you there."  

When I look up to give their stuff back, I see a girl with dirty blond hair and blue eyes. She looked kinda young, but was only shorter than me by about an inch. She had this look that she's innocent, a look I've never had (not since I was 6 anyway).

"No, no my fault." She looks at us, confused for a moment "Hey. I'm Emma, are you guys new?"

"Yeah I'm Carlos and this is Alexa. This is our first day." She smiles and hugs me. I just stand there. I'm not really a touchy person . Carl looked at my face, and started laughing "ah bahahaha. You should see your face." 

Emma stops hugging me, now looking more confused than ever. "D-did I do something wrong, sorry I don't really have any friends." She started to ramble, and I couldn't hold it in - I started laughing. "No you didn't do anything wrong, I'm just not a hugger." 

She sighed in relief and the bell rang telling us we had to go to class. "Do you guys know where you're going? I can show you around if you want."

"Actually that would be great. Thanks."