-:- chapter 9 -:- reunited -:-

I wasn't sure how far I ran. All I know is I ended up in a park.

My legs were yelling at me to stop, so I found a tree and sat down. I still couldn't believe it - it didn't quite seem real.

As my breathing calmed down, I started shaking and - for the first time in many years - I cried. Silent tears ran down my face. I don't know how long I stayed there but before I knew it, it was dark.

I knew Carl would come after me eventually. He had taken care of me ever since we were 7. He was my rock, always knew how to make me laugh and always knew what I was feeling. Just as I was thinking this, a familiar pair of arms engulf my body and I lean into them.

"He's back Carl, and he's here." More tears roll down my face.

"I know AJ I know, but its all going to be ok, we'll figure this out. Together like always." He held me tighter and I closed my eyes.

Once I had calmed down he let go and we sat side-by-side looking out into the darkness.

"Why do you think they left me?" I say after a while, breaking the silence.

"I don't know AJ, but what I do know is that they were idiots for leaving such an amazing girl behind. And I know what you're thinking, and no you did nothing wrong there was no way you deserved what they did, so stop blaming yourself." Damn, this boy knew me too well.

"Do you think they're here - my parents, I mean? I'm not even sure if I want to see them and they sure as hell don't want me." 

Carlos sighed. "There is only one way to answer your questions. You have to talk to him. He's your twin. Your brother", he stated.

"He is not my brother, you are" I said, firmly.

He didn't earn the right to be my brother, I couldn't trust him. Carl, on the other hand, had proven himself - many times, even tried to sacrifice his life for mine. Of course I couldn't let the bastard have the glory in that, so I ended up saving him.

"There's no way I'm getting out of this though, is there?" Carl looked over at me, a small smile played on his lips. Oh no.

"No, not really. I mean if you're really not ready I'll give you 3 days. But, by then, if you still haven't spoken to him I will be telling Dominic and we will both lock you in a room together until we sort out what side he's on. I mean it when I say this Alexa, when I spoke to him I saw the hurt and regret in his eyes. He even said that he tried looking for you. But even if he did, he wouldn't have been able to find you, you know that when the gang hides someone they can't be found. And he was looking for an Alexa Scott - she doesn't exist anymore - you are Alexa Rodrigues, the most powerful and dangerous girl in the country."

"Okay, I'll meet him tomorrow at noon." I get up and dust off my pants "but right now I'm going to train." I start walking, but Carl grabs my hand.

"Just promise me you will try not to overwork yourself like you do every time you have something on your mind, and please call Dom let him know what's going on. Later we will talk about the other issue" I let my head fall, and nod. The other issue being Bullet, now known as Brayden. "Try to just let him in, AJ. Try to trust." I sigh. That will be hard.

"I cant promise the first or the last thing, but I will call Dom as soon as I get home."

****

Carlos's POV:

I can't help but worry about Alexa. She is my best friend, my sister but she has never been good at handling emotions and with her brother here I'm scared she's gonna overwork herself.