-:- chapter 4 -:- fight night -:-

When we pull up to the place, I can hear loud music and cheers coming from inside. This was meant to be the best underground fighting ring in the city. The perks of running a gang meant that Carl and I could get the location of anything in the city. I was wearing a pair of baggy, black yoga pants and an oversized black hoodie under my hood. I had a mask that covered my eyes, it was also black but had small gold gems on it. Carl was wearing similar, except his mask was plain black and covered one side of his face. We had chosen new street names too; I went with Lil' Demon and Carl chose Lion.

We get out of the car and Carl comes to stand beside me "so what act are we going with tonight?" 

I smirk, and reply "I'm gonna do 4". 

We made up a code a few years ago of different ways to act when we meet new people. Act 4 was: challenge the champion and act like a newbie, then shock them all when I take him or her down.

Walking through the door, it looks like a normal bar. Once you go to the back and walk through another door you are instantly hit by the smell of sweat, alcohol and blood. Pushing past all the drunken men and half naked girls, we made our way to the bar to sign up.

Waiting at the bar a man in his forties came up to us "hey guys my names Rick, what can I do for you?"

"We're looking for a fight", Carl said.

"Sure thing. Names?" We tell him our street names, and he continues "anyone in particular?"

I answer this time "yeah, your champion in tonight?"

I saw his eyes flick with hesitation, but he replies nonetheless "uh yeah, I can put down him and Lion at-"

"Nah man, not for Lion, for me" I interrupt him. He looked shocked when I said this.

"A-are you sure, I mean our champ is bigger than Lion over here" he pointed to Carl. Carl's pretty buff but I've fought and won against men twice his size. "He has been fighting here for two years and never lost a fight"

"Yeah, I'm sure" I stated firmly.

"Okay, well tonight is timed rounds. So, you have 10 minutes to take down your opponent or it's a tie. You can either tap out or be knocked out. No weapons, hand to hand only - got it?" 

We nod "alright Demon, you're up in 15 minutes. Lion, you're straight after. You will have 5 minutes' notice to prepare before your fight and that's it - have fun." Carl and I nod our heads and walk off into the crowds to watch the current fight.

I get the notice for my fight. Right now, Carl is tapping my knuckles and putting my wraps on. "You sure you wanna do this AJ, I heard some people talking about this guy apparently he has no mercy."

"Carl, this is me you're talking to. You know, the notorious Death Angel - literally known for having no mercy" I chuckle "if he has none, then I have less."

Carl smiles when I finish "just try not to hurt the guy too much".

"No promises" I answer, as I get ready to enter the ring.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the next fight will most likely be a quick one. A newbie has challenged the champion" the crowd laughed as the host said this, while I smirked. I am by no means a newbie, ha. "Alright everybody please welcome Lil' Demon". The crowd is almost silent while I duck under the ropes to enter the ring. I even hear some people trying to figure out if I'm a girl or a boy. "Now welcome back, the one and only undefeated 'Bullet'". The crowd goes wild and I look and my jaw internally drops.

Standing in front of me was the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. He looks to be around my age, maybe a year older. He had tan skin and a very toned body, his medium length hair was brown with some lighter streaks and it hung over his forehead messily. His chest had tattoos over it, as well as the tops of his arms.