-:- chapter 17 -:- nerf wars -:-

It's been 4 days and now its Monday. Carl and I skipped Thursday and Friday school to look after Kyah and I had spent most of the time at the gym, my brain couldn't seem to slow down with the idea of my parents still being alive and out for my blood.

I had bags under my eyes and a few new bruises from the fights I went to over the weekend fortunately for me neither one of the boys had been there. But unfortunately Lorenzo's making me go to school today.

Surprisingly Kyah isn't like you would guess a person who has been locked up and abused for 7 would be like, she's actually really funny always joking and laughing but I see her flinch every time someone goes to touch her or gets to close, other than that she seemed health physically so the gang doctor cleared her to go to school, I wasn't so sure but she seemed eager to go so that's why I'm up at 7 am on a Monday morning.

"ugh I hate Mondays." I say while drinking my coffee as Carl makes pancakes.

"we know Alexa you've said that 15 times already and you've only been up for 2 minutes" Kyah chuckled  as she pours the first batch of pancake batter on the pan.

After we had pancakes we all got into the car and made our way to school in comfortable silence. Just thinking and listening to the soft music playing on the radio.

As we parked near the front entrance of the school and got out of the car everything was normal until I was tackle by someone from behind, on instinct I grab their arm and turn twisting it behind their back.

"okey, okey I'm sorry. Please just let me go." Only then do I realise it was Emma and she didn't tackle me she was just hugging me.

"shit sorry Emma." I quickly realise her and the others come over.

"where the hell have you been Lele? You and Carl just went MIA on us for days. I can't believe you left me to deal with a moody Braydon, and your annoying brother, both asking were you where you are every 10 minutes. And don't even get me started on Emma." Ace started rambling about how I left him and how annoying they all were when I bet he was the most annoying out of the four.

"Calm down Ace remember you spent years with them before I came along and I would bet money on the fact that you were the most annoy. The reason we were AWOL is because we got a new foster sibling and she came from a not so nice house so we had to help settle in." I lied straight though my teeth. Gesturing for Kyah to come and stand beside me "guys this is Kyah, Kyah this is Emma and Ace they are siblings" Emma waves and Ace smiles "this is Brayden. And that ugly thing there is Cameron my twin brother."

Cammy looks at me and lets out an offended heyyy, then glares at me before smiling brightly at Kyah, I saw an emotion flicker through his eyes but I couldn't quite make out what it was, although it looked a lot like awe.

When I turned to Kyah I saw her cheeks had a slight pink tint to them and a small smile placed on her lips. I think we have the start of a couple here. That make Carl & Emma plus Kyah & Cammy now we need someone for Ace, I would say Brayden too but he's a grumpy asshole and while probably spend the rest of his life alone.

Brayden hadn't said a word yet and was looking at me with a pissed off expression mixed with suspicion.
And it was like that the whole day, staring but never speaking until I was on my way to English and one of the gang members came up to me.

"Boss, they found something. D said he couldn't get a hold of you so asked me to tell you" kid was maybe a sophomore and looked as though he was about to shit himself he was that scared. That alone make me chuckle.

"what's your name kid?" I asked, the others didn't notice I had stopped walking and just kept going.

"B-Brian." He replied.