-:- chapter 22 -:- problem -:-

Hmmmm the sun. who the fuck turned that on.

"someone turn the dang sun off!" I mumble snuggling into the warm pillow.

"that's not how it works angel" someone chuckled. Scaring the shit out of me and making me jump out of the bed. Unfortunately I wasn't that lucky and my legs got caught in the sheets and I ended kissing the floor.

"ow. What the fuck?" damn my head. "what time is it?"

"almost 1pm, you slept all day I didn't want to wake you?" the voice that I had now realized was Brayden but what I don't understand is why I was in the same bed as him.

"no." I stated firmly and could so the look of confusing on his face.

"no, What do you mean no?" oh I have been waiting to use this for so long.

"no. you wanna hear it in Spanish? No" I say the last part with a Spanish accent and a small grin on my face. Sadly Brayden's did not hold the same expression instead his was one of a more like 'are you serious.

"did you serious just make a teen wolf reference?" I was shocked he even new the show but honestly it is the best show in the world so I would be offended if he didn't.

Then it all hit me for real I sleep for more than 12 hours without any nightmares, never has that ever happen in the past four years unless I was knocked out by sleeping pill or the good old left right goodnight or that one time I went into a small coma for to days. But that's a story for another time.

"yes I did, so let me get this straight I slept all night in the same bed as stranger with no nightmares whatsoever." I said more to myself than him just so I could proses it. sleeping with someone, and I don't mean a quick fuck, I mean actually sleeping or spending the whole night with them, that takes trust. trust that while your sleeping they won't steal you TV. Or something a whole lot worse like rape and kill you.

Trust that last night I unintentionally gave Brayden last night. The worst part was liked it and don't regret it.

"excuse me." he made a fake offended face "1, I thought we were past being stranger and had at lest moved on to being friends... maybe more" he wiggles his eyebrows playfully and I roll my eyes before his face turned one of seriousness and a slight hint of worry in his eyes.

"and 2?"

" 2, is that you did have nightmares, well sort of. Multiple time in the night you started shaking, I didn't know what to do so I just hugged you and that seemed to work, but you looked so tired and I couldn't leave you in case... well you know so I just stayed."

Ok scratch that this is the worst part.

"ok so that leaves three hours till Dom arrives" again talking to myself, but I faintly noticed how the colour drained from his face. "oh shit Lorenzo and Emilia still don't know whets going on." I start to pace back and forth.

"Wait-back it up a sec did you Just say that the Dominic Rodriguez is on his way here right now." I could hear the panic in his voice and understood why. If you don't know Dom like Carl and I he can be petty intimidating and scary.

"Yeah, you are all coming to our place so we can figure out what we are going to do to get the girls back." to busy worrying about. . . well everything to laugh at his fear.

*****

"and... I Think that it." I had been home for about 30 minutes ago and had been explaining the who situation to Lorenzo and Emilia including everything I know about my real parents and their involvement in the gang as well as letting them know Dom was on his way and should be here in about an hour, while the bullet boys should be here in 30 minutes.

After I'm done both of their jaws are basically on the floor from the massive information download. But Emilia's doesn't stay like that for long as she jumps from the sofa, grabs my arm and pals me outside.

"damn Em slow the hell down, your gonna pull my arm off." Once we are right outside near the pool she spins me around so I'm facing her, but before I can get a word in she starts talking.

"Okey understand that there has been a lot going on but why have you not told me anything about this Brayden guy or that you like him." she looks at me knowingly. What the hell is she talking about, there is no way in hell that I, the Death Angel, like Brayden Miller. And I was just about to voice my opinion but again she stopped me before I could even open my mouth.

"Don't you try and deny it. Lex I've known you for a long time. I saw the way you avoided talking about him as much as possible, but when you did your eyes softened a bit . Something that doesn't happen very often. And by not very often I mean never."

Oh fuck. Maybe she's right.

"tuck, Em. He makes them go away." She knew exactly what I was talking about. "Twice I fell asleep in his arms. Like a real sleep not just 2 hour nap or some shit, for the first time in four years I my sleep wasn't haunted by memories of that night and those men."

A huge grin spread on her face and my eyes narrow "What?"

"That's great Alexa. You haven't opened up to anyone since I came into the picture and even then it took you almost a year before you got comfortable around me. Yet you've been around these guy's for less than six months and I bet you've already falling in love with him." she tries to joke but my gaze quickly hardens and she knows what she said wrong.

"I may tolerate them and he may be able to do something nobody else can, but love. Love is for family only and they are not family." I start getting defensive which she knows is a sign that I'm lying. And although what I said was a lie, I have no idea what the truth is.

"Lex you know better than anyone that 'family runs deeper than blood' and you may not have started as family but I can already see it happening." She said confidently before walking away.

Yeah that's going to be a problem.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N - again i'm sorry for being slack promise I'll do my best to make to up to you.
think we should get a ship name for Alexa and Brayden?

please vote, share and follow. :)

words - 1154