one

•••••••••••••••••••••••
1995
The big night for sunset curve was getting better and better until three of the four members, Alex, Luke, and Reggie decided to go out for street dogs before the big show at the orpheum. The hotdogs ruined their night, killing the three boys, leaving the fourth member alone.
•••••••••••••••••••••••

Leanna Myers. The daughter of Mary and Joe Myers, and older sister to Millie Myers, had a passion for surfing. Nothing could stop her. Not even a bad day.

Well, that all ended on September 21st, 2016. Leanna was having a horrible day. Her best friend and her got into an argument over a silly subject, her parents trying take away her surf board, and a bad day at school.

But there was one thing she thought would make everything better, surfing.

Storming out of the house, Leanna drove to the beach with her surfboard latched to the top of her car, the windows down, and music blasting.

The beach was like it always was: small families enjoying their time together, friends playing beach volleyball, and the older couples just walking around minding their business.

Leanna always admired the calmness of the beach. It brought her peace.

Looking out to the ocean, Leanna saw the biggest waves coming. Her first though was to get out there right away before a lifeguard called it unsafe.

Paddling in the water on her baby blue surfboard with a flower decal on its end, she caught onto the wave.

Surfing the wave was fun and all until people started running out of the water and whistles were blowing like crazy.

People yelled to Leanna to get out of the water. She wouldn't. All she wanted was to surf that wave.

Until she saw it.

A shark was in the wave.

Leanna panicked. She has never been in a situation like this. But it was too late for her to think about it, it got her.

The water that was a beautiful blue color was now turning red where Leanna was.

Police officers, ambulances, and even the fire department were at the beach immediately doing whatever they could to save Leanna.

Unfortunately, they were too late. She was gone.

But Leanna was confused. She was standing right next to them as they were trying to help her. She did all she could to get their attention, but it finally hit her.

She's gone. Dead.

She didn't know what hurt most, getting bit by that shark or leaving the world on bad terms with the people she loved most.

She followed the officers to her home, watching her family's reaction to the news.

Her mom broke down crying while her dad comforted her. But Mille ran off. Leanna followed where she went and found herself in Millie's room, Millie crying into her pillow.

What hurt most was that she couldn't give her a hug. Leanna and Millie were always close. They'd play sports together and attempt to play an instrument together a lot. Now, who knows what will happen.

Next, Leanna went to her best friend, Laura's house. She walked into her room, Laura crying hysterically while on the phone.

Seeing Laura cry made Leanna cry. It felt like a nightmare. This whole situation. Leanna couldn't help but think about why she didn't listen to the people on the beach.