twenty-seven

(Accidentally skipped chapter twenty seven so I had to fix)

Julie came running into the studio a few days later, a big smile on her face. The four ghosts stopped playing their instruments and looked to the happy girl.

"What? Aren't you gonna ask me why I'm so happy?!" Julie said as she ran to the group of ghosts, holding her phone out.

There was an article pulled up on the screen about a battle of the bands thing at the orpheum tomorrow. Leanna scrolled down to see the people who entered.

Dirty candy
Julie and the phantoms
Panic at the disco
Why don't we
Hollywood ghost club house band
And more!

The list said as their biggest groups. "You entered us?!" Luke said with a huge smile.

"Well yeah! I think we needed this big comeback." Julie said with a smile.

The band all jumped around in circles with joy. Until Leanna stopped.

"Guys, Caleb entered his band." Leanna said as the others stopped too.

"Lee, they're musical ability is fake, ours is as real as it gets. We will be ok and we will win!" Reggie said with a smile.

They all smiled and went back to celebrating.

"So, what are we gonna sing?" Leanna asked as they all calmed down a little bit.

Alex smiled and said "how about the song the boys and I never got to preform for real at the orpheum.."

Luke smiled and said "yeah! Now or never! That's a great idea, with the girls we will kill it!"

Reggie laughed and said "I must have the brain cell today.. did you guys forget that's a sunset curve song.. recorded and everything?!"

"Yeah but I wrote it.. it shouldn't be a problem. Not a lot of people knew who we were back then anyways." Luke said, looking to the boy.

"If you say so. But I really wanna play that song anyways!" Reggie said with a smile.

Luke got his notebook and showed the girls their song, then took their demo Julies mom had and played it in the CD player.

"Take off, last stop
Countdown 'til we blast open the top
Face first, full charge
Electric hammer to the heart
Clocks move forward
But we don't get older, no
Kept on climbing
'Til our stars collided
And all the times we fell behind
Were just the keys to paradise"

The song ended and the two girls smiled. "Dang I wish I lived as a teen in the 90's.." Leanna said with a smile.

"Yeah me too." Julie said with a smile.

"Ok enough day dreaming about your wishes.. you two need to learn this song." Alex said with an eyebrow raised.

The two girls laughed and took a copy of the music, Leanna looking to the notes as she strummed them on her six string.

"Ok Lee, your voice can go really high, like.. let's call it super soprano. So how about you do a harmony with that." Luke said pointing to the notes on her page.

Leanna nodded, doing like Luke  said. At first, it sounded weird because she wasn't warmed up, but once she practiced for a bit she was all good.

They played through the whole song a few times, the boys sounding almost identical to the cd besides the fact they didn't have their bass guitarist.

"Wait guys.." Leanna said, stopping everyone.

"What?" They all asked.

"If you want this song to sound complete, we need a rythm guitarist.. lucky for you all.. I may or may not know how to play." Leanna said with a smile.

"Sweet! But we don't have a rhythm guitar." Reggie said with his goofy smile.

"Actually.. there was one up there.. in the loft." Julie said as she pointed to the loft.

The girl smiled as she poofed up top, finding a case with the name "Bobby" labeled on it.

She brought it down and saw the boys had shocked faces.

"Wait Bobby never took his bass guitar with him?" Luke said as he watched Leanna open the case.

She strummed each string, hearing how badly out of tune it was. She quickly tuned it, then strummed again.

"Wow.. it looks exactly the same as it used to.." Alex said as he looked at the guitar.

"Ok, now let's practice again so I can get used to this thing." Leanna said with a smile.

They all went back to practicing, Leanna being a little rusty with the rythm guitar. Luckily not too rusty, she got it under control quick and did really well.

Now, they have to make sure they're ready for tomorrow night.