thirty-one

"And that's how it's done boys.. and Lee!" Julie said as she walked into the studio, flipping her hair.

"How did you do it?!" Luke asked as he climbed down from the loft.

"You see, they never lock their front door, always relying on the barbed wired fence to protect them. Alex and Reggie were in full panic mode so I brought Flynn with me." Julie said with a smile.

Luke went and gave the girl a hug for helping him. Leanna didn't mind, she loved to see Luke happy like this.

"Ok so, next gig is when and where?" Leanna asked since she had nothing better to do anytime soon.

"Great question that I can most definitely answer!" Julie started with a smile.

"My school is having a Halloween costume party next week, I know it's just a school dance but literally everyone keeps asking us to preform so I though why not." She finished, looking to the group of ghosts.

"Another dance?!" Alex said not very amused.

"Look, we owe her a dance performance anyways. Remember last time.." Leanna said, looking to the three boys.

"Ok fine, only because we sorta bailed on you last time." Alex spoke.

"Ok great. And find something to dress up as too, that way you blend in." Julie said with a smile.

The girl left the studio to go do homework while the ghosts figured out their plan.

"So, what's everyone dressing as?" Leanna asked with a smile, looking to the three boys.

Reggie looked to Luke and Alex, then shrugged. "No clue. We have time to figure that out I guess. How about you?"

Leanna laughed. "There's not much I really can be without being half naked. You boys have it easy.. no big bite scars that people would recognize."

"Ok ok.. how about none of us tells each other what we are being.. so it's like a surprise." Luke said, like he had the greatest idea ever.

"Ok fine. But don't get too excited.. I've never been good at Halloween. Something always happens to me." Leanna said with her arms crossed.

"Oh come on.. it can't be that bad." Alex said as he sat behind his drums.

"Oh really? Halloween of 2014, the kids who used to pick on me for surfing all the time came to my house and threw eggs at my window. But, the window was open and I got hit by the eggs." Leanna said, noticing Reggie trying not to laugh.

"Why didn't they like that you surfed?" Alex asked, leaning forward .

"Because I was the best surfer in town. Everyone hated me for it besides Laura and Millie. I actually almost gave up surfing since I was getting hated on so much.. but Laura talked me out of it." Leanna said as she leaned back into the couch.

Luke sat down next to her, placing his head down on her shoulder. "Ok so tell me more about your Halloween trauma." He said, seeming interested.

"Ok.. Halloween in 5th grade.. I was with Laura and some other girls and broke my knee. I couldn't get back to surfing till a few months later... even though I wasn't doing as much as I do now." Leanna said with a laugh as she continued.

"Now I can't be the only one with Halloween trauma. One of you better have something good." She finished, looking to the three boys.

Alex laughed and said "well, the three of us went to a haunted house one year and Reggie cried after a clown scared him."

Reggie hit Alex's arm and said "that was a secret!"

The group of them laughed, Leanna from the funny story, the boys remembering this memory.