twenty-three

usually every morning at around 7:00, Julie would go into the studio to check on the boys before leaving. Mostly because she was worried about them.. they all fell into a deep hole of sadness.

This morning, Julie opened the studio doors, peeking in and spotted the three boys, and Luke holding onto someone in a hug.

"Luke.. who's that?" Julie asked, not seeing the girls face.

"Wow Jules, you don't recognize me anymore?" Leanna said, a small giggle escaping her mouth.

Julie smiled really big and ran to the girl, hugging her. Leanna was very confused. "Wait how are you hugging me..?" She asked.

Julie smiled and said, "well, we are all attached to each other now, i can hug the boys too. And where have you been?!"

Leanna pulled away from the hug and said "calebs tour.. I had to do it to save them.."

"Leanna even I know that was a bad idea.. and I haven't even met the guy!" Julie said, crossing her arms.

"Look, I have school.. I'll see you all later and we can play some music? These boys won't even touch their instruments besides Alex." Julie said as she started to head towards the door.

The four ghosts said goodbye to Julie, then returned to their conversation.

"So, Lee.. how was it?" Alex asked as he sat on the couch next to Leanna.

"How was what? The tour?" Leanna asked. "It was fine I guess.. I wasn't having as much fun as we had when we went though. Like yeah, preforming wasn't so bad.. but when Caleb made me dance.. it was very uncomfortable."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean? You had to dance? What happened." He said with a worried yet confused tone.

"Nothing.. forget about it. Look, I'm gonna go to the beach and get some more surfing in.. you guys wanna come?" Leanna said with an attempt to change the topic.

"Nice try." Reggie said, his small smirk that Leanna absolutely missed on his face.

"Look guys, it's really nothing.. I assume you guys are gonna practice while I'm gone?" Lee said about to poof away.

"Wait, I'll come." Luke said as he took her hand.

The girl smiled at him and they each poofed away, appearing on leannas bench.

"Look, I don't know if you didn't want to say anything infront of them, or even me, but something is bothering you. I can tell. You know I'm always here to help whether you like it or not." Luke said to her, his arm slung around her shoulders.

"Fine, just.. don't be mad." Leanna said, trying to keep it cool. Luke nodded his head, nervous to hear what happened.

"When the dancers go onto the floor, you know how they go in the tables and dance too?" Leanna started. Luke nodded his head as she continued, "well, whenever I went on the table whatever guy sat at that table looked up my dress and just weirded me out."

Luke didn't say anything. "Luke.. say something.. please..!" Leanna begged as she started crying.

Luke just wrapped his arms around her frame, hugging her close. "Good thing your back now, none of that will have to happen again." He said as a gentle kiss was placed on leannas forehead.

Leanna paused for a second. Luke noticed the pause and said "your not going back.. right..?"

"I'm sorry.." Leanna said, pulling away from the hug.

"Lee your not going back there! I love you too much to allow that. I know your doing this to help, but that brought all of us into what I guess I can call a depression. Lee, when you disappeared it was like everything we lived for disappeared too." Luke said as he stood up.

"L-Luke.." Leanna said as she continued to cry.

He seemed to be so mad, that if he said another word, he would be going off on her, so he left.

Leanna stared at the spot where Luke stood before for a minute. She couldn't cry, not because she didn't want to, but she physically couldn't. So, she did what usually brings her joy, surfed the waves of Malibu beach.
••••••••••••••••••••••

"..And shes going back!" Luke said, explaining to the boys what just happened. Not because he wanted to, but he needed to say it to someone.

"And your letting her?" Alex asked with a confused voice.

"I don't have a say in this! She said she has no choice, it's either save us and go or let us zap away and she stays." Luke said, continuing his pacing around the room.

"Luke stop pacing!" Reggie almost yelled to the boy. Luke stopped and looked at Reggie. Reggie never gets loud.

"We need to help Leanna escape that, and us all to be safe. Luke running around the room isn't helping." Reggie said pointing to Luke, then leannas six string that hung on the wall.

"What do you think Caleb would do if Leanna just didn't go back?" Luke asked the two boys.

"Probably zap her so hard she'd die again. Look, willie said they leave again for another tour in about two weeks. Meaning we have two weeks to figure something out." Alex said, earning scared expressions from the other two boys.

"Two weeks, we've got this... right?" Luke said, nodding his head. He hoped they could figure something out, losing Leanna again would tear him apart.