fourteen

Waking up in the morning, the three boys were awake talking amongst eachother.

Alex was sat down at his drum set, Reggie leaning against the wall lightly strumming some notes on his bass guitar. But Luke, he was sitting next to Leanna, her head in his lap as he ran his fingers through her hair.

Leanna moved her head a little, causing Luke to look down at her. "Finally!" He said as he noticed her eyes open.

Leanna let out a small laugh and said "well good morning to you three too."

The boys all laughed and Reggie asked "so Lee, you wanna preform with us tonight?"

"Wait what?" Leanna said, sitting up from Luke's lap.

"Guys I suck at music. I can't.." Leanna said while looking at the three boys with begging eyes for her to join them.

"We heard otherwise at calebs. You really have talent, just.. please?" Alex asked.

Leanna knew she could rock their performance tonight.. but she was scared if she messed up.

"I know that look." Luke said as he looked at Leanna with his eyebrow raised.

"Please!" Reggie said, now obviously begging.

"If I say yes, will you shut up?" Leanna said with a small giggle.

"Yes!" The three boys said with big smiles.

Leanna smiled and said "ok fine. Just this once. Now go get me some music so I can see what this is al about."

Reggie gave Leanna a photo copy of the music as she went and grabbed her six string.

She placed the sheets of music on a music stand infront of her, scanning the notes first.

She slowly started the strum the strings, getting the hang of it. Next thing the boys knew, Leanna was full on playing the song.

She even started singing, which she told the boys she was horrible at so they try to get her in the band.

"Dude..." Reggie said as he watched in shock, the three of them had their jaws dropped listening.

At the end of the song, Lee played a small riff then stopped.

"So? How was that?" she asked as she took notice of the shocked expressions planted in the boys faces.

"Y-your voice.. how..?!" Alex said, barely speaking.

"Shoot.. I was singing..?" Leanna asked nervously, sinking back into the couch.

"Yes, and your singing is like.. angelic!" Luke said, sitting next to her, giving a side hug.

"Thanks.. you guys weren't supposed to know I could sing.." Leanna said.

"What?! Why would you hide that! Your the best singer, I think we could use a new lead singer!" Alex said with a smile.

"Hey! IM our lead singer!" Luke said, shooting Alex a look.

Leanna laughed at the boys and said "look, as much as I'd like to be in your band, I'm probably gonna die from these zaps and that would be hard to explain to fans."

The smiles on everyone dropped when Leanna mentioned her dying from the zaps.

"Lee, we will figure of the zaps alright. If you don't wanna join the band, that's ok. But for now, your stuck with us." Luke said, ending with a little laugh.

Before anyone could respond, they all got zapped.

"Jeez these are getting worse. After tonight's performance, can we please go and figure this out.." Alex said, holding where his zap was.

Luke, Reggie, and Leanna all nodded, going back to their music.

They all practiced for the performance, knowing Julie would somehow kill them if they didn't show or sound good.
••••••••••••••••••••••

When the time for the show came around, the whole group of them were ready. Julies backyard was full of people.

Julie opened the double doors on the studio and did a small opening speech, then started to play a song that Luke wrote.

The band all appeared including Leanna.

Leanna and Julie harmonized together, then Leanna and Luke did the same.

"I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own.." They all sang, Alex going crazy on the drums, Reggie rocking the bass, Luke doing small riffs, and the two girls singing together.

Leanna looked into the crowd of people and spotted someone that would definitely cause a big mystery within the town.

Millie.

She was worried that Millie would freak out at the sight of her sister, but instead Mille stood there smiling with tears in her eyes. Leanna smiled at her and mouthed "love you" to her sister while Luke and Julie sang a duet.

Mille smiled and cheered her sister on. But, she stopped once the band disappeared, leaving Julie alone.
••••••••••••••••••••••

After the party, the four ghosts were in the drive way playing basketball. Well, the three boys were while Leanna sat ontop of the net blocking their shots.

"You guys we did really well, especially you Lee." Luke said with a smile.

"awe tha-" Leanna started to say but the four of them got a zap, pushing Leanna off the net. She hit the ground and just laid there in pain.

"Ok we need to fix this.." she said, not moving a muscle.

"You guys are all in danger.." Willie said as he appeared in the driveway.

"Especially you Leanna.." he continued.

"Ofcourse I'm in danger. What can we do to get rid of these zaps." Leanna said, still laying on the concrete driveway.

Luke lifted her up, just holding her in his arms, seeing she was not doing anything.

Leanna wrapped her arms around Luke's neck, putting her head on his shoulder.

"You guys have three options.. find out what your unfinished business is and do it to cross over, join calebs house band, or zap till your gone." Willie said with sadness in his voice.

"And what exactly to you mean by zap till your gone?" Reggie asked, not understanding what Willie meant.

"The zaps kill you again, but you don't come back. Your no one." Willie said, still with sadness.

The three boys looked at each other, then at Leanna in Luke's arms because she didn't move.

"Guys.. we all, besides Leanna, had one thing we wanted to do the night we died. The orpheum." Luke said as he looked to the boys.

"And Leanna.. any idea what yours could be..?" Luke asked the girl in his arms.

"No. I have nothing I wanted to accomplish. I have no choice but to zap away." Leanna said as she started to softly cry.

"Lee.. don't say that.. we will find out how to fix this.. fix everything." Luke said, trying to cheer up Leanna.

"No.. no, we can't do that. I'm gonna be wasting all of your guys' time trying to help myself." Leanna said, right before she poofed away.