thirty-four

The four ghosts reappeared in a place only familiar to Leanna. The boys looked around the room confused, Reggie finally speaking up.

"Where are we?" He asked, scratching his head.

"Welcome to my house.." Leanna said, doing jazz hands.

The boys looked around the room, it was painted a greyish color, surfboards and skateboards were mounted on the walls.

"This your room?" Luke asked as he sat down on the bed.

Leanna nodded. "Yeah, this is the only place I could think of that would be safe for now."

Luke nodded and pulled the girl onto his lap, giving her a hug. The other two boys sat down on the bed too as they tried to figure out what to do.

"I can't believe she was there!" Laura said as her and Millie came into the room.

"Wanna scare them?" Leanna said to the boys with an evil smile.

Leanna focused on the two girls being able to see them, something that she must've been able to do but never knew how to.

"Ah!" The two girls yelled as the four ghosts appeared to them.

"You jerk!" Laura said, pushing Leanna a little bit, then hugging her.

Leanna hugged her bestfriend back tightly in return, just standing there.

"Lee I'm so sorry about what happened that day.." Laura said as she pulled away from the hug.

"Laur it's alright. I was the one being difficult. Oh and you two, these are my friends Alex and Reggie.. and my boyfriend Luke." Leanna said, pointing to each boy.

"It took you until you died to get a boyfriend after-" Laura started to say, Leanna covering her mouth immediately.

"After..? Oh." Millie started in a question, then realizing what was happening.

"Huh?" The three boys questioned.

"Nothing. We are going to be staying here for a bit.. some crazy ghost guy is after us and we couldn't stay in julies studio since he knew we basically live there." Leanna said to the group.

"You mean that you've been living in julies garage?! Like Julie Molina?!" Millie said in a shocked tone.

"Yeah.. the boys are connected with her somehow and I couldn't bring myself to come back here." Leanna said as she sat back down on the bed.

"Wait a second.. this ghost guy, can people see him? like alive people?" Laura asked in a worried sort of tone.

"Yeah..?" Alex said, knowing this wasn't good.

"Does he walk around in like a dramatic top hat and a cape.. like a magician..?" Laura continued.

"Yeah, what's going on laur." Leanna nervously asked the girl in front of her.

"I saw him at the dance. He was sitting in the back when Millie and I came in.. right as you guys preformed." Laura said, looking to the ghosts in shock.

Leanna looked at the three boys and said "he was there the whole time.. how didn't we see him?!"

"Lee relax, I'm sure he wasn't going to do anything in front of people. Just calm down, we will be alright." Luke said as he stroked the girls hair, calming her down.

"Dang, he's way better than hunter.." Laura said, stopping when she realized what she said.

Leanna looked at her friend with wide, angry, and worried eyes. Millie knew what was about to go down, so she quickly turned around and left the room.

"Laur!" Leanna said to Laura.

"Sorry.." Laura said, quickly turning around and leaving.

"Who's hunter?" Luke asked as he laid down on the bed.

"No one important.. anymore altleast." Leanna spoke, the last part being more quiet than the first.

"Lee you can tell us anything. We don't judge." Reggie said with his goofy smile plastered on his face.

"Really guys.. it's nothing. It's just the past now." Leanna said, giving the boys a smile before walking to the door.

"Where are you going?" Alex asked.

"To deal with Laura. I'll be back." Leanna said, leaving the room.
••••••••••••••••••••

"Your telling me you have never once mentioned hunter to them?! Not even Luke!" Laura argued to her friend.

"No and I wasn't going to! That guy treated me like a piece of shit and I hate to even think about it!" Leanna argued back.

"Look, I know you don't think it helps, but telling someone about it helps you feel more free from the situation! Just tell them!" Laura said back, more calmly.

"Ok, fine. But don't try and tel them anything else please." Leanna said S she hugged her bestfriend.

"I won't, now get back to your boy friend. You two are cute together." Laura said with a smile.

Leanna giggled and went back into her bedroom, Alex and Reggie asleep on the couch in her bedroom and Luke half asleep on the bed.

Leanna laid down in the bed, cuddling herself close to Luke. He was quick to put two arms around her and kiss her head.

"Lee.. who's hunter?" Luke asked quietly.

"You really wanna know?" She whispered back.

Luke nodded and said "mhm, tell me."

Leanna took a deep breath and said "before I died, I dated this kid named hunter. He wasn't the best person for me and things just went downhill and off a cliff. He was a party boy.. always got drunk, always coming to me to take his anger out on since he knew I couldn't stick up for myself. I finally left him the week before I died."

Luke hugged the girl closer to him, and tighter.

"I wanna see him." He said in his angry tone.

"Luke.. no." Leanna knew he would react this way. Luke always liked to attempt revenge, along with Reggie. Alex wasn't Into that type of stuff.

"I'm tired.. can we just sleep.."
Leanna continued, laying her head into Luke's chest again. He nodded to the girl and said "ok, but I am going to do something about this hunter kid."

Leanna shook her head. "After we handle Caleb, go for it."

Luke smiled and cuddled the girl until each of them fell asleep, not knowing what was to come the next day...