come out and play

Summary: Billie is feeling sad/stressed over the Rolling Stone magazine and (Y/N) helps her feel better. Inspired by Come Out & Play

I wake up to an empty spot beside me. I shiver as I remove the blanket off of my warm body wanting to stay inside to avoid the cold. I step onto the rug, warm under my feet. A sweet scent fills the bedroom that comes from the cracked door.

I head to the kitchen and I see Billie at the kitchen stove. I sneak up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist.

“Morning.” I whisper against her back.  

“Good morning sleepy head.” she teases.

“Hey, it’s my only day off. I get to sleep in.” I say as I kiss her shoulder.

“I know. I’m only teasing.” She says turning around and wrapping her arms around my waist.

“It’s both of our day off.” I say as I give her a quick peck.

She nods. “What do you want to do with our day off?” She says as he presses her forehead against mine.

“Dunno.” I say shrugging. She smiles at me. I smile back. I feel her rubbing circles on my lower back.

“Smells good. Whatcha making?” I say as I look up at her as I press my chin against her chest.

“Coffee’s already made on the counter. I’m making some omelettes.” She says softly.

“You added everything to them?” I say looking at the stove top.

“I think so.” She reassures.

“Okay” I say unwrapping my arms around her and walking to the kitchen cabinet to take out my olive green coffee mug that I always use.

I spot the green cup and walk to the coffee machine. I poured myself a cup.

“You need a refill babe?” I say holding the coffee pot.

“Mhhhm. Cup’s over there.” She says carefully flipping the omelette and then pointing somewhere along the counter. I search for the black mug she always uses and pour her some more coffee.

I sit at the counter waiting for Billie making breakfast. I scroll through my phone and sip on my coffee ever so often. I notice that the Rolling Stone article is a very popular one.

“Rolling Stone article seems to be a hit.”

She frowns. “Not in the way I wanted it to be.”

“What do you mean?” I ask as I keep scrolling through Twitter.

She turns off the stove and leans on the counter in front of me.

“They made me sound like I hate gay people.”

“You don't though.” I say as I put my phone down.

“I know, but people keep saying that wish you were gay is homophobic. So instead of being proud of the song, I have people ruining it. When its not suppose to be like that.” She says as she puts her face in her hands.

“Babe” I say getting off my stool and walking to her.

“You’re overthinking this. It’s not a bad thing that you feel proud about the song. You should. You told them that it wasn't homophobic. If you didn’t answer the question. They would have started rumors. They were gonna talk anyways.” I say as I rub her arm.