🎄the neighbors lights🎄

Day 9

it’s your first Christmas with a baby

Family is everything to your wife. She lives and breathes loyalty, and it's no secret that her weakness is a home cooked meal after weeks away on tour. She’s a complete softy for the ones she loves, and she’s been home for a few months now, celebrating the arrival of your daughter, Olivia. The few months she’s been earthside have been lovely, but you're missing the days of your pregnancy when family came by to visit. You’ve asked for space now, with a high risk little one and a bristling pandemic infiltrating your surrounding states, but choosing the isolation doesn’t mean you're dealing with it well. 

Billie is particularly distraught by the holiday situation. She’d planned on dressing your little love up in the sweetest little bow and pajama set, tucking her into the crock of her arms and showing her off to your families. She had rubbed your bump many nights during pregnancy, talking up a fairytale about Olivia’s older cousin Miles. She had no hesitation that they would be best friends, but the two sweet babes hadn’t even the chance to meet. 

The neighbors' Christmas lights have always shone through your living room and disrupted quiet nights with Billie, but now, they’re captivating Olivia as she coos at the technicolored light show, yet another thing you value differently now that you’ve become a mother. You come down here with her every night, and have since November when they first started decorating. It’s your only time with her when time stops, and you're able to bask in her small milestones and achievements. All of which exploit the painful truth of her inability to stay so little. 

The sound of Billie’s feet against the floorboards is gentle. You’ve been quiet for so long, she doesn’t want to impose on your moment, but she figures her girls might be getting cold. So, she comes around the corner bearing a warm bottle and a mug of your favorite homeblend hot chocolate. You’ve perfected the receipt since March, though it’s even better with the peppermint creamer Billie favorites in December.

Billie’s gentle eagerness to cuddle Olivia melts your heart, so you make no hesitation of slipping her into her arms and watching her small body be enclosed by her short frame. Somehow, the accents of white in her red onesie make the blue in Billie’s eyes pop, allowing you to involuntarily get lost in her stare as she extends to you the steaming mug. She chuckles breathily, leaning down to kiss your temple before settling herself on the couch with Olivia. 

“Can you believe she’s four months old tomorrow?” You ask her, gently stroking your fingertip along the soft curve of her rosy cheeks. She’s got the nipple of the bottle between her lips, though your gentle motion allows for some of the formula to slip down her chin. “How did that happen? Huh, how did you get to be so big?” 

“It’s her first Christmas, and she doesn’t even get to spend it with her whole family.” Billie frowns, thumbing away the formula that collects on her cheeks, and wiping it down her black t-shirt. Olivia coos, her attention on Billie and yourself as you smile down at her.

Your smile dims at the thought of everyone you and Billie love being so close, but you can’t take the chance of getting her sick; even if that means you and Billie are the only people she knows during her first Christmas. 

Billie watches your smile fall to your feet. You’ve remained the hopeful one throughout this holiday season, but Billie isn’t blind to your wilting reserve. She lays her arm heavily on your shoulder, pulling your head into her neck. Her lips are soft against your temple, but you lean into her kisses anyways.

“We don’t even know how to make a turkey.” You smile, turning your head so the button of your nose digs into the space between her collarbone. Your hot chocolate mug is forgotten on the coffee table in front of you, decorated in fake snow, while your hands fist her shirt and look down at Olivia. “We’re adults, with a baby, and we don’t know how to make a turkey for her first Christmas.”

Billie laughs into your head, nuzzling her cheek against your crown. She brushes her thumb over Olivia’s cheek, prompting a soft sigh from your daughter who's still gazing up at the both of you with interest and affection. 

“You’re going to spend your very first Christmas with Mommy and Mama, and we don’t even know how to make you a turkey, Liv.” You told her gently, watching her little lips move in reaction to your words. 

“Y/N/N,” Billie hums gently, running her hands down your forearms. When she has your attention, she nods towards the clock you’ve set up a few months ago. “A minute.” 

Your smile splits, and the both of you look down at Olivia just as the clock strikes midnight on December 25th, her four months milestone date and her very first Christmas. Your very first Christmas in this new chapter of life and parenthood. 

“Merry Christmas, baby girl.” 

“Happy 1st Christmas, Livi.”

Hello

Hope you enjoyed

I have several imagines planned out for the next couple days of you and Billie as parents

Cause I thought it'd be cute

Anyways

Be safe

Wash your hands

Drink Water

Eat something

Wear a mask

I love you

Take care of yourself

Okay

Bye 👋