party favor

Summary: (Y/N) doesn’t want to be in a relationship with Billie anymore. She’s toxic.

Hey, leave a message / Hey - call me back when you get this

Or when you've got a minute / We really need to talk

Wait - you know what / Maybe just forget it 

'Cause by the time you get this / Your number might be blocked

I sigh as I hang up the phone for the fourth time. I dial one more time and decide to listen to the voicemail message one more time. “Hey, I can’t come to the phone please leave a message. Thanks.”

“Hey Billie. I um- called a few times and you don’t pick up. Can you call me back when you get this? I need to tell you something. Actually, don’t. I can just tell you over this message. I think-” I bite the nail if my thumb as I try to hold back the tears. “I think I’ve had enough. I don’t think I can do this anymore. If you didn’t guess already, I’m not going to the awards show tonight. Good luck.”

I hang up the phone and drop to my knees as I feel a slight weight being lifted off of my shoulders. I burst out in tears, sad and happy that I got out of a toxic relationship. I hug my knees, and begin to panic. I broke up with Billie. Holy shit. I soon look at the phone and begin to wonder if I should call back and apologize. I shouldn’t do it on the night of an award show. If I didn’t do it today, I don’t think I’d ever do it any other day. I look at my phone and go to the contact list, and press the button I thought I’d never press.

FEW HOURS LATER

I hear a knock at the door. I get up from the couch  and try to compose myself.

I open the door slowly and I see her in a black buttonup shirt with an anime girl character on the side with matching black shorts.

(This is her outfit)

She looks at me, with her perfectly styled hair. My heart beat begins to quicken that the only thing coming out of my mouth is, “Go.”

“(Y/N). Can you come with me to the award show tonight and we can speak about the voicemail after? I tried calling you, but you seem to have turned off your phone.” 

I shake my head, “I’m not gonna go. I blocked your number.”

“Why?” She asks, hurt. 

“Can you please leave?” I say ignoring her question. 

“C’mon.”  She says as she steps closer, blue eyes begging me to join her at the award show.

“Don’t.”  I say stepping away from her.

"Stay" and "bla bla bla"

You just want what you can't have

No way

“(Y/N) is this because of what I said last night? I didn’t think you would get upset because I didn’t let you wear the dress you wanted.”

“No Billie. It’s not about what you said last night. It’s about what you’ve been saying these past few months.”

“I don’t get it.” She says trying to hold my face, as she steps closer.

“I don’t think you’ll get it.” I say moving her hands from my face.

“Come with me. I said we can talk about it after. People will be asking for you. My parents will be asking for you.”

“Tell them I wasn’t feeling well. I just want you to get out, please.”

I'll call the cops

If you don't stop, I'll call your dad

And I hate to do this to you on your birthday

Happy birthday by the way

“Fine! You don’t have to come, but expect me to come after. I want to know what made you break up with me.” She closes the door behind her. I breathe out, tears falling down my cheeks, again.

"It's not you, it's me" and all that other bullshit

You know that's bullshit

Don'tcha', babe?

I'm not your party favor...

Hi

This is a draft from July

That's why it sucks

Ok

Bye 👋