26| Exams! They're a Trap!

~Draco

We did that.
We actually did that.

I was still breathless, even though I was in my dorm and it was hours later.

Luckily Blaise wasn't there when I walked in so I didn't have to explain the blush on my face.

I knew that there were other pressing matters to think about, but for once I allowed myself to have happy thoughts.

After, we had laid under the tree for a while longer, neither of us saying anything. I felt at peace in that moment.

I pushed back against my pillows with a faint grin still on my face.

*  *  *

"You will all have ninety minutes to complete portions one and two of the transfiguration exam," McGonagall walked down the aisles.

Once the packet of parchment materialized on my desk I delved right in, holding my quill at the ready.

Scratching quills filled the room as everyone began their exams.

I glanced around casually at Harry.

All I could see was the back of his head over the sea of people.
I sighed, going back to a question about the difficulty of tea kettles being turned to tea cups.

When the ninety minutes were up, we were relieved of the test packets.

"Alright everyone, you can go on your break now," McGonagall dismissed us.

Harry slung his bag over his shoulder and made his way out.

"Harry!" I called after him.

He must've not heard me because he never turned around.

Was there some kind of 'Day After Shagging Protocol' that said you couldn't talk to your boyfriend? Or that he couldn't talk to you?

I followed him all the way to the courtyard where he dropped his bag on the ground.

"Harry," I said again.

"What?" It looked like he just realized where he was.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm fine, all of my bloody friendships down the bloody drain but I'm fine!" He scowled.

"What happened?"

"Hermione just won't talk to me!" He exclaimed.

"Really?"

"Yeah and I don't know what's going on,"

"Let me talk to her," I volunteered.

"She hasn't been talking to anybody, Draco," he said pitifully.

"I'll find a way," I puffed out my chest.

Harry smiled sheepishly at my bravado.

"So how do you think you did on the transfiguration exam?" He asked.

"I think I did okay except on that tea kettle question I was really fucking confused,"

"Ha yeah, I didn't do that one," he chuckled.

"Harry!"

"Whoops," Harry smirked.

We sat around talking for the rest of break in the courtyard.

Next up we both had the potions exam to attend to.

I was calm, seeing that that class was my specialty but Harry was wringing his hands nervously beside me.

"You're gonna do great Harry," I squeezed his shoulder.

He smiled weakly back at me.

We arrived at the door of the dungeons and made sure to come in separately.

Harry took a seat in the middle of the room and I took the back.

Soon, the classroom was filled and people sat anxiously, waiting for this to be over with.

Snape was notorious for making dramatic entrances on exam days.

Sure enough, the doors burst open and he sauntered up to the front.

He raised his arms sharply and the papers materialized on our tables.

No one dared make a move.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" He asked coldly.

The room was filled with the scrambling sounds of students trying to pass his class.

The windows slammed and I looked up, startled.

There was no one else in there besides Harry and Snape. I opened my mouth but no sounds came out.

"What the hell!" Harry said aloud.

"You two are so, so gullible," he sneered at us.

"What is this?" I demanded.

"Oh don't you see, dearest godson?" He sighed, "it's a trap,"

My stomach plummeted to the ground.

"Let him go," Harry said, "do whatever to me, but don't bring him into this,"

Snape clicked his tongue in disgust.
"This involves the both of you,"

Anger flared up in my chest.

"Why do you have to be involved in our lives so much?!" I shouted at him.

"Somehow you two evaded my memory wipe, but not this time!" He shouted back.

"You wh-what?" Harry gasped.

"Harry you were right! He did this!" I exclaimed.

"Yes I did, but I won't fail this time," Snape started walking towards us.

"We won't forget anything, the memories can come back," Harry said.

I frowned at him, confused at what he was getting at.

"You stupid boy! Memories are gone forever when you're obliviated," Snape snapped.

"You're wrong Snape, they always do in some form or another, that's how we figured you out! They came back to us in pieces and we put them together," Harry said.

"Well either way, they surely can't survive a second time around," he rolled up his sleeve and pointed his wand at Harry's head.

Shit y'all it's getting kinda serious 👀
...or to be thematically correct; Sirius

Eosoendieofnejldl aren't I soooooo funnnnnny??? HOW CAN I STAND MYSELF?? MY COMEDY GENIUS GAAAAA