8. Tyler

I have never felt so scared when I rushed an unconscious Keya to the nearest hospital all by myself.

Shit! I may not know her, she’s a complete stranger but when she approached me last week telling that I got her pregnant my gut says that I should be responsible for her.

To be honest, I planned to go hire a private investigator to go look for her but luckily I accidentally bumped into her in the grocery store a while ago. I indeed insulted her, but it's just really hard for me to trust people right away. I was an asshole when I treated all this thing as a complete joke but when I saw her bleed a while ago it totally freaked me out.

“I’m sorry man, I had an emergency and I’m at the hospital right now. I’ll catch up with you guys tomorrow or maybe the day after tomorrow? I’m still not sure.” I said to Jamie over the phone.

I am supposed to go to Frisco for our two weeks training camp earlier but I wasn’t able to because of what had happened.

“Why? What happened? Who’s at the hospital?” He asked. I have never told anyone about this yet.

Not until I have proven that the child is indeed mine, especially my family. I don’t want them to feel disappointed once again if I am not the father of Keya’s child.

“I’ll tell you when I get there, I promise.” I replied. “Don’t worry I already told Coach Bones that I’m going to be delayed.”

“I’m expecting an explanation once you get here Segs.” Jamie said without bothering for further questions.

“Sure. Now, I have to go.”

Keya is finally conscious when I went back inside the room. She’s clearly concerned about the baby as she asks the OB if the baby is safe. She glared at me when I joined them and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Well, the bleeding you had was caused by sub chorionic haemorrhage. This is just normal during the first trimester.” The OB started explains.
“However, you need to be extra careful, since this might lead you to miscarriage. So as much as possible, no stress!”

And with the mention of stress, Keya just looked at me like it’s as if I was the reason of her bleeding a while ago. The physician seems to notice that and she started to look at me and continue from explaining.

“The baby’s formation gets affected by the environment and stress level of the mother. You want a healthy baby right?” The physician asks. “You know, complete hands and complete feet?”

“If I get stressed all the time does that mean my baby will only have two fingers?” Keya started mumbling with a horrified face. “One eye like a Cyclops? One feet like a mermaid? No nose—bullocks! How will the baby breathe?”

Oh my god, this woman is crazy! I mean, where did she get all these scenarios from?

“Well, if the mother’s environment isn’t good for the baby plus the stress level is quite high then, yes!” the physician confirmed.

“Oh my goodness.” The only thing she said as she puts her right palm on her chest right before the physician left us.

“Hey, the doctor just said no stress.” I started when we’re finally alone.

“Why are you still here?” She asked starting to get annoyed by my presence again.

“To look after you obviously.” I answered.

“Really? After insulting and judging me?”

“I didn’t judged you.”

“Oh trust me, you did! Metaphorically.”