24. Keya

The level of anxiety is growing and growing as I arrive at the house, I have a great feeling that Tyler is already home. But instead of immediately going to the main living room I went to my room first to give him space.

Clearly, his facing a worse situation at the moment. He might need some time to breathe. As I walk my way to my room, I can literally hear noises coming from the other side of the house. There are people over and try as I might, I decided on eavesdropping with the conversation.

“What I said was true! Elise knows that.” I heard Tyler said with an angry voice.

“I thought you’re done with her.” A guy asked in a low-cold voice. “Tyler she ruined everything for you in the past few years and you’re still letting her? And now what? You’re suspended and you’re facing a libel case!”

I just sighed and head to my room, I don’t want to listen further. I don’t want to feel stressed, or should I say that I don’t want to add another stress today. My mind is pretty messy thinking about all the things that have happened today, specifically the news about Tyler.

Well, everything kinda make sense now. Jamie told me about the ex-fiancé that cheated on him which eventually ruined his life obviously, he haven’t moved on yet. Additionally, things for him became the worst when I came in.

He’s rude to me, but he’s clearly trying as what I have observed in the past few weeks to treat me better. His life is kinda messy and I feel a massive pity on him.

I laid down on my bed as I rub my belly.

“Daddy is having a pretty crazy life right now honey.” I said out loud sighing. “I really hope that things will get better for him once you arrive.”

I rub my belly again. “Will you help mommy to do that?”
I smiled as I feel him kicking.

“Yeah?” I chuckled. “I’m so excited to finally meet you soon.”

I sighed again, thinking about Tyler and his situation. I know I should never feel obligated on helping him out or lend a shoulder for him to cry on since who am I anyway? I don’t even feel like he already considered me as a friend. He is pretty distant to me, I know that, but at the end of the day because of our son—we are somehow connected now.

In the past couple of months he was there helping me when I needed some help, so now that if he says he needs my help I would definitely stand up and help him in anyway possible.

A glass shattered on the floor woke my sleeping soul, I reached on my phone at the night stand. Its 2 a.m., I decided to get out of the bed and check for Tyler in his living room instantly.

When I arrived there I saw Tyler drinking, he’s clearly been drinking the whole time as I observed the amount of empty beer bottles on the coffee table. He’s resting his back on the couch still chugging a bottle of beer.

I immediately grab the nearest trash bin and cleaned the pieces of broken glasses on the floor right before he gets hurt. The whole room basically smells like beer and vomit! I seriously keep on gagging but I controlled myself.

“You better stop drinking.” I said after I finished picking up the broken glasses and grab the bottle of beer out of his hands.

“One more.” He said but he’s already weak enough to reach for a bottle.

“No.” I firmly said. “Its 2 am Tyler, you have to rest. Come on! Let’s get you to bed.”

It may be bad to haul a two-hundred pound drunk man when you’re pregnant yourself but I did it anyway. I can’t just leave Tyler on the couch lying next to his fucking vomit. Yup! Goodness, he’s looking like a massive mess and smells like shit at the moment.
He’s mumbling something inaudible but I didn’t mind it. I pushed him on his bed and started taking his shirt off for him to change. When I finally undressed him he started chuckling.

“I’m so fucking drunk! But I’ll let you take advantage of me.” He said which only sent me to shake my head, the ever conceited man as he is. “What’s been taking you so long?”

“What the hell are you talking about? I’m only changing you because you smell like shit!” I replied and throw him a shirt on.

Few minutes later after I finally let him settle under the sheets he started sobbing, I sighed looking at him. He looks like a child right now and I feel so pity on him, he didn’t asked for this life, didn’t he?

But instead of asking him questions in which I definitely won’t get a straight answer because he is drunk, I left him at piece and started cleaning up his mess at the living room.

I’m used to cleaning vomits and all that because I used to do that when I was a kid, my mom was a drunkard when our father left us so I was almost doing it on a daily basis. Although now, I find it hard to move that much because of my growing belly.

I even decided to gather all the bottle of beers and liquors that I can find and put them at one of the spare cabinets to throw them later tomorrow. I don’t want him to deal with his problems through drinking because liquors will never ever going to solve his problems.

For sure that’s not going to be a problem tomorrow. In fact he might appreciate the fact that I am trying my very best to look out for him. Clearly he’s facing legal problems and what not right now, so I’m pretty sure he absolutely needs a clear head to settle everything.

After I made sure that everything is clean, I finally decided to go to bed. As I check the time on my phone it is already four o’clock in the morning, thank God I’m not that busy at school anymore so I might as well just skip my morning classes perhaps to take care of Tyler.