2. Keya

Me and Lily arrived at the bar and head straight to the lounge where our friends are already waiting for us.

Double celebration tonight because guess what, I finally got promoted!
I mean, it is not really promoted because I am still an instructor myself but unlike before I am already a full-time instructor in the university once the semester starts this August!

Who would have thought about that?

Two days ago, I was literally thinking about finding another job for this year but guess the saints in heaven have heard all my prayers right away so I have no problem anymore then!
Thank goodness for that.

Also, its Friday night so every one of us is fully intending to get drunk tonight or maybe get laid, I don’t know. I’m totally not in the mood right now but at the same time, I needed to get lose.

I know, it’s a stupid idea to drink because of the hangover the next day. However, I miss hanging out with my friends. We only see each other in graduate school, a pretty stressful and serious environment if I’m honest and hanging out on a bar with them barely happens since I don’t usually go because I am juggling way too many jobs.

“You need to get drunk tonight English girl.” Lily said as we make our way in the middle of half-drunken people.

“Yeah yeah! You’ve been telling me that in the past twenty-four hours.” I replied sarcastically.

We arrived at the lounge just in time our group of friends are chugging their individual shots.

“Look what the cat just dragged in!” Jessy shouted when she saw me and Lily joining the group. “The English girl finally showed up!”

I chuckled. My friends here calls me English Girl for me being born in the England and because of my accent that they find really sexy that they also find wrong. I may be an English girl but I do have a thick Scottish accent. They immediately handed me and Lily a shot glass and started chanting to chug it up. The tequila is burning my throat. It’s been a while since the last time I drunk a hard liquor so I almost gag because of the awful taste of it.

“Bloody hell! That drink has got a very horrendous taste!” I said as I settle down on one of seats in there next to Amanda.

“Stop complaining Hermione!” Amanda said chuckling. “This is your night, you’ll get fifty more drinks of that.”

Of course, it’s my night. Lily called our other friends few days ago before she dropped me off in my apartment that we are going clubbing tonight to relieve my stress from work and school all in all, plus to celebrate myself from finally getting a full-time job. So this is what they are doing at the moment, I’m giving it to them then since I want to have fun tonight anyway.

These group of girls are such sweethearts, if I must say.
I met them in the university, since Jessy and Amanda are full-time English teachers and Lily is our department secretary and my classmate in the graduate school. They are my friends ever since I moved here in Dallas and I’m so glad I found genuine friends in this foreign country right away who always have my back through ups and downs.

“I’m so glad you finally went back into your senses and agreed to party with us!” Amanda commented after we chugged the second round of shots. “And also congrats for finally having the full-time job!”

“Thank you, babe.” I replied. “Well it’s been a while, and we need to celebrate my job.”

“Oh I’m so happy for you.” Amanda said giving me a hug she’s a bit of a babe and really sweet. “I’m finally gonna see you every day at the office.”