14. Keya

Few moments passed, Tyler went back to my room after he’s done answering a phone call. I’m still hovering some boxes to arrange into my new room. Thank God, our classes are still suspended so I have the time to stay up all night and take care of my things.

“Hey, I have to attend on something. Will you be fine?” He asked.

I only nodded. Kinda disappointed. He told me few minutes ago that he wants to leave all the heavy works for him but he’s going out instead.

Stupid! I shouldn’t feel like this. He is not my boyfriend nor husband so shut the hell up self!

“What time will you be home?” I asked and just with that his face wrinkles made me realized that I crossed the fucking line.

Why so stupid Keya?

“Oh I'm sorry!” I immediately supplied. “I forgot, it’s none of my business.”

“Yeah it is.” He agrees and left my room again.

I sighed when I heard a couple of doors opening and closing.

“You’re here for one thing Keya!” I said sighing as I started to go work again. “You’re only here for the baby!”

I remind myself.

-

I think Tyler didn’t come home last night, or maybe he has but maybe I am already gone to bed like just around nine. I was so exhausted from moving in so I passed out on the bed earlier than usual and woke up kind of late today.

I throw myself out of bed and surveyed my whole room, it is still full of boxes that I decided to remain unmoved just because I’m just temporarily staying here anyway. Once I give birth and maybe after Tyler and I discuss the terms of our situation then for sure I have to move out. However, as of now the room is coming together and that I should relax and stay here for free while I still can.

Even just a tiny thing, I have to be thankful. At least I don’t have to spend any money for rent right? But it doesn't mean I'll rely too much, I'd surely start looking for a place of my own soon as my bank account isn't that tight anymore.

I heard my stomach growl and I suddenly felt like that was the baby’s voice telling me that he’s already hungry—or maybe she. What? I suddenly smiled as I left the room because I started to feel excited about my baby’s gender. I know, I’m still way too far from that but I guess this kind of excitement is totally part once you became a mother yourself.

Wow! I just realized, this was the first time that I felt so excited about my pregnancy.

When I went outside of my room, I’m not going to lie that the corridors and several doors I passed got me confused and anxious as to where I can find the doorway leading to the kitchen. I don’t have any groceries with me and I’m already way too hungry to go the nearest restaurant or supermarket to grab some food.

Tyler won’t surely get angry with me if I ask for some food coming from his fridge, right?

It took me five minutes finding out which door until I found the way leading to the kitchen. The house seems so silent and shouldn’t surprise since Tyler is the only person who lives here and his dog according to him.