18. Keya

Thomas and I decided to catch up again on Sunday. It's our day-off from work and he's been wanting to do this with me eversince we saw each other at the university. Our dinner the other night didn't wrapped up everything that have happened in the past years of us being apart so Thomas insisted on catching up today.

It's currently around three in the afternoon when we decided to go into this cute tea house downtown, and I just missed these kind of day back in Southshield, having a three p.m. tea time. Eversince I moved to Dallas, my life being British just left into complete oblivion.

And Thomas kinda knows I love tea time. We always do this together when he was still at the graduate school with me.

"Oh, I miss this." I commented right after sipping on the tea. "Honestly, I miss home in general."

"Yeah, miss this too." Thomas agreed giggling. "Are you going home this Christmas, by the way?"

I sighed, immediately feeling like on the edge thinking about going back home.  "Yeah."

"Why do you look like you're not excited?" He asked wondering.

"I'm actually excited." I said trying to control the tears but right before I can stop them it just came out.

"Shit!" Thomas cursed and sat next to me. "Have I gone way too overboard with the question?"

He rubbed my back to calm me down.

"I'm sorry." I said chuckling like an idiot. "I just don't know how to hold my tears these days."

I know I'm so stupid to be so vulnerable in front of Thomas, but I just can't control myself not to cry these days especially if someone mentions about my family.

"What is wrong Keya?" He softly asked which made me to look up on him.

"Nothing." I said wiping my tears away.

"Bullshit. Tell me."

I stared on him, contemplating on whether to tell him or not.

"Come on, spill the tea!" He added.

"Literally I would, just so I could not answer your questions." I answered.

"Come on Keya. You can tell me what's going on. A person needs a friend who can listen to your problems."

Yeah, he's now just a friend.

Jesus! Why can't he just be more than my friend? Why can't he just be the father of my child?

"Promise, you won't judge me."

"I promise." He said crossing his neck.

I inhaled to gather myself and indeed spill the tea. I don't care anymore, time will come that I won't be able to hide this pregnancy anymore so why not start telling everyone right? As long as no one knows who the father is so I'm free to do it.

"I actually got pregnant accidentally by some random dude I met on a bar when I was really drunk." I dropped fastly.

"Come again?"

"I got knocked up." I said and looked straight to Thomas' face. He was shocked but managed to shake it off right away and decided to nod.

I chuckled. "You don't have to pretend that that news didn't surprise you dumbass, because this whole thing is quite disturbing."

He chuckles looking on his feet then to my belly and then to my eyes. "Who's the father?"

"I can't tell you." I said and sip on my tea.

"Right." He said sighing and was silent for a bit still staring on his feet.

But I can feel the wave of shock that hit Thomas on the face, but again, he chose to pretend that it was no big deal. Damn! Why can't just people be like him? Pretend that not everything is a big deal and just move on right away?

"Does the father knows?"

I nodded. "He's been helping me."

"Tha-that's good to know." He said and looked on my face.

"What?"

"I hope he's taking good care of you and your future baby." He said.

I only smiled and nodded because I don't want to spill another tea again. My whole confession is already quite heavy for Thomas to take and adding another issue is already way too overboard. No one has to know that I have been having problems with how Tyler treats me since I have no one else to blame anyway but only myself.

Few awkward moments passed, Thomas and I decided to take off. He insisted on driving me home, to be honest, he is starting to be gentle which is somehow funny.

"Come on, you're driving way too slow!" I said when I noticed that the car's speed is slower than he's usual speed.

"Are you kidding? You're pregnant Keya."

"I know, but seriously. I'm good with your normal car speed prior to this. So go on!" I said but he didn't listened.

Later on, he drops me in front of Tyler's house back gate. He hop out of the car too looking at the back of Tyler's house.

"Your baby-daddy owns this house?" He said in awe and I managed to only but nod.

"Don't tell anyone."

"Of course." He said and give me a quick hug which made me somehow surprised. "I'll see you at school?"

"Sure."

-

At night, I decided to roam outside. It's pretty dark in here already so if Tyler has paparazzi's sneaking out or something they won't notice me. Tyler's house is massive as hell, there's a lot of things to do in here like basketball, golfing, tennis, swim on the pool or even put some campfires and it just sad that he lives here alone. He's a pretty busy guy and he is not always home, I sometimes still wonder why rich people invest on things that they don't even use that often. In Tyler's case, he have these huge house and yet he lives here alone.

I sat on one of the outside chairs and made myself comfortable. I discovered these secret area last Friday night when I went out to throw the garbage. It's just across from the windows of my room and its currently covered with untrimmed shrubs. I started to love it in here, being inside of my room is sometimes exhausting and gladly I found these place.

As of the moment, the sky is looking pretty and I decided to lay down in there watched the stars as I rub my belly. I still find it weird that it's already big and that I couldn't hide it anymore if I don't wear baggy clothes. Honestly, the whole confession with Thomas today, a huge rock has been lifted out of my chest and I just somehow realize that maybe I should start letting people know that I am pregnant someway, somehow.

Including my family, but instead of fessing up right now I decided to text them good night. For sure, everyone is asleep because it's literally one a.m. in there. I haven't talked to them that much to be honest, because everytime I hear there voices I just couldn't help but cry because of guiltiness. But I guess I'll just have to prepare myself and officially tell them the truth one of these days.

I sighed and glanced at my belly.

"I'm so sorry that mommy is somehow feeling anxious again baby." Talking to your baby is very healthy according to the OB and according also to my own research.

"Alright, okay. You know what darling I might as well introduce you to some constellations, shall I? We better lift up some mood in here. The sky is pretty wonderful tonight."