38. Tyler/Keya

TYLER

After the one week break from the playoffs, we're back on the grind again. We're facing Boston tonight for the first round of the playoffs, we are currently on the lead in the series and it will only need two more wins right before we officially win the said series and head to the second round.

My team have been working real hard since the pre-season and I can really tell that my team will have the potential to compete for the Stanley Cup championship, our lines are really stronger than before. And yet we can only hope and figure it out later tonight.

"Hows the wooing?" Radulov said as the both of us skates on the ice for our morning team practice.

"I haven't texted her yet." I replied grinning because I still find it funny how Rad tried to flirt with some girls in the NHL organizers team just to ask for Keya's number for me.

"You better do it fast Segs, or else I'd totally be disappointed. I sacrificed my virginity for you!" He said smiling playfully.

"Shut the fuck up!" I said flicking the puck towards his face which he immediately catched with his gloves. "In all seriousness, I'm kinda anxious. There's a hundred percent chance she'll ignore me but I will."

"Question."

"Shoot." I replied flicking some pucks for fun.

"What is really your plan with her?" Rad asks in complete curiousity painted on his face. "Knowing that your son died and clearly you have nothing to do with her anymore."

I sighed because that is indeed a good question, and that I also asked myself about that after I knew that our son died.

"Our son may have died but what I am doing now is to make amends. I treated her like a complete shit when she was living with me, I blamed myself everyday about our son's death and for sure she is too. So I am asking for her forgiveness and maybe start all over again... as friends."

Rad looked at me sheepishly. "Friends? Really?"

"What?"

My friend grins bigger and bigger right before he skates away from me. "Nothing!"

I snickered. "Weirdo!"

---

We won the game! And it is fucking amazing!

We're getting closer to the championship! Right now, we get to enjoy a quick break from games since my team is currently on the waiting list. We are the first to win among all our division so we still have plenty of time to practice and strengthen our lines for the upcoming round two games soon.

When I reached my hotel room here in Boston after the game, I immediately texted Keya.

   Me: hey! It's Tyler. How r u?

   Me: how r u? Got ur number from the All-stars organizers. Hope its ok! :)

It's been thirty minutes passed since the text messages was sent but still no reply from her.

I sighed staring at my phone screen waiting for her text message to pop up however, my gut finally decided to just give up and so I toss my phone on the night stand and decided to take a hot shower.

My body aches from the intense game earlier, our opponents do really wants to win the series more than we do but their efforts aren't that enough to win the series. Surely, I'll see a lot of proud faces once we get back to Dallas tomorrow, everyone is pretty excited for the team to win another championship cup again... we want it back so much! We'll do better as much as we can, every one wants to win.