60. Tyler

"Keya..." I said gulping. "From the day I met you, I knew that... No! We actually hooked up in the bathroom, guess we're both drunk-- but that's not the point. The truth is... Shit!"

I took a deep breath staring on the black velvet jewelry box with a shiny diamond on my hand trying to breath and regroup.

"From the day that you left me I realized how huge of an asshole I was for not treating you right when you were pregnant with Sky."

Nope. Its terrible too!

"Oh! Where do I even began!" I muttered in complete frustration.

"Obviously." Jamie says dryly as he rolls his eyes looking down at me. "And by the way the answer is no. I'm not marrying you Tyler Seguin! Now go do it again."

"Fine."

If people are looking at us right now, they will look at us like we're the dumbest people around. But I'm on an important task here, and that is to rehearse what I'm going to say to Keya few days from now.

Yup! I'm proposing to her. One of these days when my schedule is right. I still don't know exactly when but my gut is telling me that I'll propose to her once we get back from our two week road trip games.

Keya and I have been officially together for a year now. I know it was way too fast for us but I have been dying in moving things along-- to move forward in our relationship. And besides, what's the point of taking things slow when we already have a kid together?

Keya Grayston changed my life big time! She keeps me on my feet, she loves me whether I lose the game or not probably because she doesn't seem to care for the fact that she is not a goddamn hockey fan, by the way, I'm still working on making her to be a fan up to now.

She makes me complete, I wouldn't even imagine my life without her. We've been through a lot even before we became officially together, and I know that whatever comes our way we'll conquer it together because I love her, and she loves me too.

I let out an exhale right before kneeling in front of Jamie again. "Alright, Keya..."

"Look straight into his eyes." Alex Radulov says, the asshole is seating on the couch and as I'm seeing him on my peripheral view, he is laughing his ass off ever since Jamie and I started this whole thing!

"Keya..." I started again.

"Dude you're blinking too hard!" Jamie commented and so I stopped. "Just... Just blink normally."

"Can I fucking start now?"

"Go on." Jamie says.

"Keya, you're the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. You changed my life for..."

"Couldn't agree more." Alex remarks.

I turned my head towards him. "Can you please stop commenting and just give me feedbacks?"

"That was a feedback!" Alex reasoned out. "Honestly, if its not because of Keya you're probably still screwing your way through life. You're probably way too focused on hockey and having way too much fun sleeping around, having drinks. Enjoying your life as a rockstar which is completely not a bad thing as for me. You know what, are you sure you still want to get married?"

Jamie snorted.

"Can you save all that bullshit for later? We have a serious mission here!" I said.

I cleared my throat focusing my gaze on Jamie again. "Keya, I love you so much! I love how you take care of me. I love how grumpy you get when you're stressed out with your job. I love how weird and---"

"No, no. It sounds so wrong." Jamie stops me. "You're not supposed to insult or mention those negative stuffs that you like about her. Stick to her amazing side. Go again!"

"The other one you said earlier was good."

Jamie nodded. "Yeah, that was good! Alex just happens to interrupt you, that one!"

"Which one?" I asked completely confused since I already can't remember the words I have said in the last fifteen minutes of these whole thing!

"The words that she changed your life. She's the amazing thing that happened to you. You cannot imagine life without her blah blah blah..." Alex says.

Good. A nice feedback I can use as a reference and direction. "Got it!"

Jamie nods at me signaling me to carry on.

"Keya, there's nobody else for me but you. I can't imagine my life without you anymore! I want to spend the rest of my day laying on the bed naked with you. There's nobody else in the world I want to fuck, but only yo---"

"Nope!" Jamie shakes his head again. "You have gone way too overboard! You don't include that on proposal Segs!"

"What? That was awesome. That was sexy!" Alex says.

"Yeah it is, but you can't say that! You don't. I swear, you don't." Jamie replies.

And the rest of the discussion went on between him and Alex which eventually made me to lose my patience!

"Alright! Alright!" I inserted. "Fuck it! Let's just stop this. We're done here."

"What do you mean you're done?"

"This whole thing is just stupid!" I said. "I don't even know why I decided to ask some advices from you two!"

"Dude! I'm good with advices!" Jamie says.

"Yeah, but you haven't proposed to anyone yet. Even the only guy in the room here who have done it himself doesn't have anything good to offer either." I said grabbing the bottle of water in the night stand.

We're playing game seven of the series against Colorado tomorrow, and if we win it tomorrow we'll be heading to Edmonton for the championship. I can't wait to go home with my woman and son, it's been a long weeks of constant travel.

Being a pro-hockey player hits different indeed when you eventually become a family guy. You hate road games and being away from your family for weeks, it's quite tough! And I even hated it when time zones interfere, because I definitely know how Keya gets exhausted with her job so she prefers to sleep right away once she gets home.

I even tell her to stop from working anymore and just stay in the house but she doesn't want it. She loves her job way too much, but she was considerate enough to only have a few subjects to teach in the university right after she graduated on her masters last year.

"Excuse your ass Segs, I had a great wedding proposal to my wife just so you know!" Alex says defending himself. "Anyway, when are you going to do it?"

"If we win against Colorado, and happen to win the Stanley Cup I'll immediately propose to her, seconds after we win the cup." I said romanticizing the idea of us winning the Stanley Cup. Of me holding the said cup again with my son next to me and Keya, my soon to be wife.

"Dude, that sounds perfect!" Jamie says.

"Who's got the most amazing proposal now?" I smirked challenging Alex.

"But what if we lose?" Alex challenged.

"Don't fucking jinx it!" Jamie says throwing a pillow to Alex's direction.

"We will win it!" I claimed. "I know, we will."