▪︎ Miguel - Challenger Pt. 2 ▪︎

I'm finally getting to part 2 of this story!
____________________________________________
Hawk lightly pushes me into the Cobra Kai dojo. I instantly begin freaking out. I'm scared to meet the Sensei.

"Sensei Lawrence!" Hawk yells. The man turns to me and Hawk and stares. I notice Miguel is standing next to him. He mumbles something to the Sensei. Sensei Lawrence's eyes widen and then he looks over at me. He walks over to us and smiles. "This is my sister. She's joining Cobra Kai."

"Yeah, I heard you almost beat Miguel." Sensei Lawrence says, looking down at me.

"I- Um... Yes, Sensei." I say awkwardly.

"Well then, welcome to Cobra Kai!" Sensei Lawrence says. He smiles. "Today since you're still catching up to everyone, I'll have Miguel take you in the other room to get you caught up." Hawk pats my back and smiles.

"See ya' later, sis." Hawk says, running off. I roll my eyes and head over to Miguel.

"You ready?" Miguel says. I nod, looking up at him since I'm so tiny. "Okay, come on." Miguel says full of energy and ready to bolt into the room in the back. I follow behind him as he leads me away from everyone else.

I step into the back room. It has dummies, weights, other workout equipment. My eyes wander around the room until they land on Miguel again. He smiles at me, I try to smile back.

"You did fantastic the other day, so I'm gonna teach you some other stuff that Sensei taught me ahead of time." Miguel says.

"Really?" I ask. I'm good enough for that.

"I want you to be able to beat Hawk's ass." Miguel smirks a bit and I chuckle at his statement.

"That would be nice." I laugh. Miguel nods and walks to the center of the room. He motions for me to come over. I awkwardly speed walk over to him, not wanting him to have to wait for me.

"Okay. So, I'm gonna help you get into a better stance first. Trust me on this, I find it that I'm more flexible and can get around faster like this." Miguel says. I stare at him, nodding and smiling along to everything he says.

He stands behind me and grabs my arms and puts them out in front of me. Then he directs one to protect the front of my face. The other is out a bit more.

"Perfect, now just keep your arms like that."  He exclaims. I nod. He then moves his hands to my waist. He turns my torso a bit. "And the last thing is the legs. Make sure they're a bit bent, and your feet are kind of spread apart." I do as he tells me. "Bend your knees a tiny bit more." I do as he says once again. "Perfect!"

"Okay... what should I do next." I ask, trying to focus and look tough.

"Right now just throw some simple jabs and hooks to get warmed up." He says. I nod, trying to remember the terms.

I suddenly remember the moves and begin punching. My form and punches feel better then normal. As I punch Miguel speaks.

"Okay, so I remember during our fight, you tried to flip me forward, but since you couldn't, you pushed both of us back... it was a good save, but I kinda wanna show you how to push me forward... and I wanna show you how to flip a person because I think you were gonna try that too." He tells me. I focus on his voice as I punch.

"O-Okay! Yeah! Sure." I mumble. Miguel stops me from punching. I look up at him, my heart feels as if it skips a beat when he looks down at me.

"So, I'm gonna put you in the same position I was holding you in when we fought." He says walking over to me. "Are you okay with that?" I nod quickly and he puts me in a choke hold. "I know I'm a bit heavier than you, but I still think you can get me over. Just, put all of your body weight forward, and try to do a front roll."

"A front roll!?" I exclaim.

"Trust me! Just make sure when you roll, you're able to get back up on your feet as quickly as possible. " Miguel chuckles. I sigh and do as he says. I put all of my body weight forward and do a front roll. The next thing I know, he's on the ground and I'm standing above him. He smiles and then suddenly trips me, causing me to fall next to him.

We both start laughing hysterically. I look up at him again and he stares at me.

"Do you by any chance wanna hang out? We could go somewhere and talk about some other moves... or whatever you wanna do. We could go to the boardwalk or maybe wherever you wanna go." Miguel smirks.

"Oh, yeah! Sure! I'd love to hang out with you." I smile. Miguel beams with joy, but tries to cover it up and act casual. He gets up and then pulls me off the ground.

"Okay! Now onto flipping a person when you grab their legs or feet!" Miguel says.
____________________________________________
You might be getting part 3 pretty soon because I'm so excited for this- I have a lot of ideas-