▪︎ Miguel - Afterwards Pt. 2 ▪︎

So, I'm making that 'Afterwards' series that has to do with the season 2 fight, and a lot of people requested for me to do a part 2 for when Miguel wakes up! I hope you enjoy

____________________________________________
"I really appreciate you staying here after school to make sure Miggy is okay." Miguel's mom, Carmen, tells me. I try the best I can to smile and nod.

"Oh, it's not a problem. Miguel's been on the top of my mind for these past 2 weeks. I just want to make sure he's okay." I explain to Ms. Diaz. The conversation is cut there as the two of us sit silently, waiting.

The clock ticks and my nerves don't settle down the entire time. After doing some homework, I hear one of the nurses rushing down the hallway calling for Miguel's mother and grandmother.

The two of them fly up out of their chairs. I get up with them, grabbing onto Carmen's hand. I can feel her shaking. The nurse catches her breath and smiles.

"He's awake..." She mumbles. Carmen bursts into tears of joy, as her mother comforts her, trying to stay calm. "You can go back and visit if you'd like."

"How about you go ahead Ms. Diaz. I can wait in here." Carmen nods and smiles, then she grabs my hands.

"But when we come back, you must go and see Miggy. He'll be so happy to see you! I just know it!" Carmen smiles. She then let's go of my hands and wipes away a tear. Without letting me say anything in return, Carmen cheerfully grabs her mothers hand and the two of them disappear into the distance.

I sit down quietly thinking about what I'm going to do or say. I don't know what to expect. How is Miguel? Is he scared or confused? Is he still tired and woozy? I don't want to do something wrong.

I try to force myself to do some more homework, but I can't concentrate on it. My mind wants to think or do anything else. My eyes suddenly wander over to my arms. There are long scars down both of my forearms. Both arms still have a few stitches in them seeing as some of the cuts I got were deeper than other parts... I couldn't help but be pissed at Tory.

I ended up being in the hospital for only 4 days. They did blood tests, concussion checks, x-rays. Not too much was bad except for my arms and a twisted ankle. Sam and I ended up leaving at the same time.

After staring at the cuts for a while and reliving the events at school, Ms. Diaz finally returns. She's crying tears of joy and happily tells me I can go back and see Miguel now.

I nod only slightly and slowly walk back to his room. His room door is only slightly opened. I stand at it for a moment, taking a deep breath. Then, I open up the door and walk inside. Miguel's head quickly turns to the side as I enter. Suddenly I see him smile.

As soon as the smile appears on his face, I burst into tears. I've been waiting to see him. I've missed him. He chuckles a bit, and waves for me to come over. I'm a little nervous to hear his voice, I'll probably just cry more.

"Come here." He says, wanting to give me a hug. I speed walk over and bend down slightly. I hug him, but only gently, I don't want to hurt him. I bury my face into his shoulder.

"I've missed you." I mutter as I pull away from out hug, and lightly kiss him on the cheek. "I waited for you everyday." He stares at me lovingly.

"I love you." He blurts out of no where.

"I love you too." I wipe away a tear. Miguel's eyes wander around, scanning my body. He sees my arms.

"Wh-What happened?" He murmurs.

"O-Oh... right before you fell, Tory slashed both of my arms. The cuts were deep and I was bleeding a lot... I actually ended up coming to the hospital with you. It was nothing, just the two cuts and a twisted ankle." I mutter, not trying to worry him.

"Well, are you okay?" He asks. He always worries about everyone else, never himself.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine. My ankles almost healed, I have a brace around it right now though... and I think the scars on my arms are pretty cool." I chuckle. Miguel nods and lifts up his arm. He wiggles his hand into mine.

He stares at me for a moment, before pulling me in and kissing me lightly on the lips. I suddenly begin to feel safer. Everything I wanted Miguel to do when he got hurt was happening. He made me know it was all going to be okay.