#74 The First Meeting II

Regalis

Regalis, have some pride. I said to myself.

Yet, I couldn't stop my knees from hitting the stony ground.

Have some pride! I wanted to yell it out to my heart. Yet, I knew it'd not listen. Not obey. Not be subjected to that thing called, self-pride. As I knelt alone, in the showers of the rain, pummeling down on me, from a heartless night sky.

"Hah!" I roared on my knees. Hitting my chest. “Hah!”

I wondered why many spoke of hearts breaking, when you lose the one you love. 'Cause mine, did not break. Did not shatter. It crumpled. As if squeezed in a giant's fist, till the blood ran. And ran. And no single drop was left.

"Hah!" I hit my chest harder. The organ, beating within it, hurt so much. “Hah!”

I wished I could go back to the day we met. To the first time, I saw her, when my heart had not yet felt hers. So, I could right everything. And tell myself, "don't ride along with her. She'll make your heart crumple".

"Hah!"

I had some of her few months back, later on all of her, and now, none of her.

I made her my temple, my mural and my heaven. Now, I'm begging for footnotes in the story of her life.

And even now, as she has trampled on my heart, and left me alone in the rain, I was still haunted by the ghost of her. The ghost of her lips. And smile.

And as the rain continued falling, I remained there. Unable to move. To take any step further.

After all, a crumpled heart meant a dead flesh, and now, that was how my legs acted. Dead. And unmoving in the agony of the falling deluge.