#18 Forever and Always?

Regalis returned back to the cabin, one afternoon, "we have a horse, my queen" he announced proudly as he bowed. Stretching out a bouquet of rose flower in his hand, "I heard my queen loves roses. So, while, I was returning back to her, I saw a garden filled with one and knew I had to bring one for Her Majesty".

I grinned. Regalis makes me so happy. I used to think that until I become the Queen of Marjol, I could never feel like a queen anywhere else, however, with Regalis, those thoughts changed, 'cause in his heart, a beautiful and prosperous kingdom, I reigned as queen there.

"Thank you, my king" I said and took the flower in his hand. I perceived it, and it smelled of snow, waterfall and magic.

While snow fell here in the North, roses were not often in season, so for Regalis to have obtained a beautiful healthy group of roses, he must have had it, specially made for me, from a Gifted farmer.

I chose not to call him out on that.  Choosing to pretend that I didn't know, that he must have spent hours, sitting and waiting for the Gifted farmer to cause multiple rose seedlings, to fully mature, into what he could give as a present to me.

"Thanks" I repeated. Lifted his head and smashed my lips unto his. I prolonged tasting him, relishing the sweetness of his mouth, after all, when next, would I have the opportunity to do this, since, we'll be leaving this magicless land soon, and wherever we'd go, would most likely not be like this land.

I let go of his lips. And released his neck from the powerful twine of my arms.

"Amazing" he said "I love when you get so in need of my touch".

I laughed.

"You know, we could continue this" he said, "we'll just head back in there" he pointed, in the direction of the bedroom.

And I replied, "is that so?"

He nodded. Flexing his arm muscles "I'm ready for you, any day, any time, my queen".

I caressed his sculpted arm, kissed his earlobe, and trailed sensuous kisses down his nape, then back to his ear, as my tongue flicked into the sensitive crevice, exploring exquisitely, gently and sweetly, as though I was really considering his idea of us staying back all day in the cabin.

He moaned. Writhing against me.

Without warning, I pushed him aside. And stepped out of the cabin, through the door behind him.

"What!" he roared "what just happened? You fucking turned me on.  And left me hanging".

I stood outside, laughing at his screams. I stroked the rose in my hand. For the rose to not be affected by the magicless land, (by losing its magic and disintegrating), then, Regalis had taken more precaution in making it. Perhaps, that's why he thought I wouldn't know, he specially had the rose made for me.

While the Gifted farmer willed the seedlings to grow, the seedlings must have been surrounded by scales, hair, or just any part from a dragon. Shalott. Since dragons couldn't be impeded by sorcery, the rose grown with dragon scales, won't be either.

As he carefully thought out this present, it made me love it more.

"Come on" Regalis laced his hands in mine, leading me to the horse, he purchased for our ride back to town.

He believed we, travelling with Shalott, would make the people around where we were headed, know who he was, and he didn't want us to be recognised.

He put on his gloves and then, mounted the horse.

"My queen" he said, and stretched out his hand, while I held it as he helped me mount the horse.

He kissed my nape, and whispered "I'll miss this. Touching you whenever I want".

"Holding you wherever I desire" his hands wrapped round my waist "I'll give up anything. Including my Gift, just to hold you this way whenever I feel like it" he said.

And my heart broke. While my lips tightened. Did he just say he would give up his lightning Gift, if he could, just to be able to hold me at all times? Even though, his Gift was the major reason he was declared undefeatable in all his battles?

Did he really just choose his feelings for me over power?

The place where my heart should be, ached again.

And at that second, my secret weapon almost flew out of my weapon. I'm a Feeder! I can absorb your Gift! But the words chose not to escape from my throat.

The lives of my people depended on it. Depended, on the surprise of any advantage I have over him, when the final month comes.

And he said, resting his head on my back. His hands on my waist ever sensuous, "even though I won't be able to hold you at all times, just know this, Xemein -"

"You'll always be in my heart" he said "forever and always".

If only you have forever to live. My heart whispered.

****
Did you enjoy this chapter? If YES, then PLEASE, SHARE, VOTE or COMMENT!!! Thank you!

Chasing Red: The Mafia Tale

Chasing Red: The Mafia Tale. An amazing mafia romance story, currently available for FREE on my profile page.