#81 How Does it Feel to Die?

"And your mother prophesied you'll kill me" Randall cackled, his blade in Regalis's chest.

"I never feared that prophecy. I've always been more powerful than you. It was my sorcerers who feared the words. To appease them, I sent her to kill you, since I couldn't come to the North, to do it personally, because of your flying beast" he laughed.

"And now, you come to me. And before I turn immortal, my sorcerers insist you must die. Let the prophecy never be fulfilled. So, off you go" and he plunged the blade deeper into Regalis.

"Hah!" I howled.

I tried to come close. Regalis put his arm in front of me. And blocked me.

"You've won" he told Randall, "I'll die now. Let her go. Set her people free" his words, slurred. Like a man, speaking with only his last breath.

My heart broke.

My spirits plummeted

Don't die on me!

After all I did to ensure he lived beyond tonight.

Randall chuckled, "perhaps, six months ago, I would've set her and them free, but not now. I now know, who she truly is. My reign of life eternal, will not be peaceful, if people like her and General Aldrada continue to live. They are like your mother. Forever fighting for justice. And that, I can not give. For the world is mine, when only my word is justice!" he roared. Pulled his blade out of Regalis and kicked him aside. Like a waste of space. A waste of time.

"Since you value love so much" Randall said to me, "then, die along with him".

And his blade swung. Towards my neck.

Death, by beheading.

I never saw that coming.

****
PLEASE COMMENT!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS STORY SO FAR?

LASTLY, I'LL DEEPLY APPRECIATE IT, IF YOU COULD ADD THIS STORY TO YOUR READING LISTS & ALSO SHARE IT WITH A FRIEND, LOVED ONE OR ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE.
PLEASE. THANK YOU!