26 days until suicide

"Sooo, change of plans my Bear Cub."

"What plans?"

Did he really ask what plans? They had been talking about meeting up just a couple days ago, did he really forget already?

Maybe he was just playing with her, but he didn't sound like he was playing around. He sounded genuinely confused. Maybe he forgets things easily.

"The plans we made to meet on Friday, which is now five days away. My friend is coming with us, and I did try to convince her not to, but she wouldn't listen and-"

"Astra shouldn't go meet strange men she doesn't know, especially by herself. You could kidnap her or murder her. She's too gullible!" Astra snatched her phone back away from Carly when she grabbed the phone and started talking loudly into the speaker.

Astra smacked her shoulder, but she heard Orson laugh a little, and that made her feel a little better. At least he was laughing. It wasn't as embarrassing anymore.

"It wasn't my idea to meet up anyway, I'd rather stay here if I had a choice." Orson's voice said through the phone as both girls leaned down to listen.

They exchanged looks.

"You're forcing him to go? Girl, what is wrong with you?" Carly put a hand to her heart and stared at her in shock.

"It's complicated." Astra shook her head.

"How complicated? That doesn't sound like something you'd do babe, not even close. Usually you're too paranoid to even look at a strange man, because you think-"

"Shh!" Astra slammed her hand over Carly's mouth to silence her. "We don't speak of that." Carly tried to say something but her voice was muffled by Astra's hand.

"Eww!" Astra pulled her hand away to wipe it on her shirt, and Carly gave her a smug look. "Did you just lick me?"

"Your fault."

"How is that my fault? You tried to-"

"You didn't answer my question. How complicated is it for you, out of all people, to want to meet up with a stranger, and not just a stranger, a stranger man." Carly folded her arms.

"I'm going to kill myself and Star thinks that's wrong so she said we should meet so she could show me some places that she thinks will keep me here. But she doesn't know that I've already been around this state and have seen almost every single thing to see, and nothing can make me stay here. I'm sticking with my plan."

Carly stared at the phone for a moment, eyes wide and jaw open. He just said that so nonchalant, like it was a normal thing to say.

"Aw honey, Astra's right." Carly snatched the phone away from Astra, ignoring when she complained, and smacked her hand away when she tried to grab it. "Now I'm definitely coming along with you two. If I can help my dear friend here in keeping you here then I will. Two heads are better than one."

"It won't help, and I don't want to drag people down with me when I go. I have nobody, and my plan was perfect. I'd kill myself and nobody would get dragged down with me because I don't have any family and I don't have any friends."

"Wait-"

"Star, I don't want to meet up. I can't drag you down with me, it wouldn't be fair, especially after your sister. You can't get close to me, I get too attached to people easily, and I can't hurt you. I don't want to hurt you."

"I-"

"We can't meet up, I'm sorry. I already told you I was just going to hurt you, and I didn't want to, but you didn't listen. I don't want to meet up, it's not a good idea."

"Wait-" he hung up the phone and Astra turned to look at Carly. She slowly handed her phone back to her and gave her a sad smile.

"Keep trying, he'll come around eventually."

"That's the problem. I know I don't know him as much and I've only known him for a few days, but I know one thing and that's how stubborn he is. Just by knowing him for a few days, he's so stubborn. I don't think he will come around." Astra shook her head.

"He will, I know he will." Carly put a hand on her shoulder.

"I hope you're right."