1:00pm

"You ready to go?" Astra asked once the Elliot guy had left to go back to the building.

Orson shrugged. "I guess. At least I don't have to walk 2 and a half hours."

"This will be fun, it's absolutely gorgeous here. The half point is where most people can get out and swim, but we're just going to go past it. You can't swim anyway, and I didn't bring any swim clothes."

"The water is really clear." Orson leaned over the kayak to look at the water.

"And the kayak is clear. I think it's really cool that we can see underneath it. We'll get to see fish and turtles when we go." Astra smiled and held her paddle up. "Let's go!"

They started paddling down the river.

"It's beautiful." Astra said.

"It's really green." Orson nodded his head.

"It's peaceful."

"Oh, are we trying to see who can keep coming up with words to describe it? Well then, it's quiet." Orson smiled as Astra turned to look at him.

"You're on." She said. "It's amazing."

"It's relaxing." Orson said as Astra leaned down to touch the water with her hand.

"It's warm." She said.

"It's comforting." Astra looked behind her to give him a smile.

"Yes, it is."

"I won." He laughed when she scowled at him. "You didn't describe it with another word, which means, I won. You lost. Loserrr." He made an L with his finger and thumb and put it on his forehead.

"I will tip this kayak." Astra threatened.

"Then you'll get wet too." Orson laughed. "Besides, I can't swim right now. I can't get my leg wet."

"I can still tip it, you can put more bandages on your leg. You won't die."

"I wish I would."

Astra's smile dropped. She didn't say anything as she turned back to her paddle and started paddling again. She paddled faster then before, wanting to reach the end even quicker then she had earlier.

She didn't want to be out in the middle of the forest for 2 and a half hours listening to him talking about dying.

She was there to have fun.

"Why are you paddling so fast?" Orson asked. He was trying to paddle as fast as she was, but he was struggling.

"I want to reach the end as quickly as I can." Was all she said.

"Why? It's comforting out here, I haven't felt this much comfort just by being somewhere in a long time." Astra stopped paddling. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by saying what I did, I really am. Please don't go too fast."

"That's what she said." Astra smirked, and then she started laughing when she turned to look at him and saw him staring at her bewildered.

"Don't change a serious-"

"Don't go too fast." She mocked him and put a hand to her heart. "Please don't go too fast, it's going to hurt."

"Shut up."

"Oh baby, I said don't go too fast." Astra put a hand to her forehead as she leaned back and sighed dramatically.

She looked up over her head to see Orson looking down at her, and she tried to hide her smile.

"Shut up." Orson said again, but she didn't.

She didn't want to shut up.

"Oh my god, slow down." Astra couldn't help herself, and his was reaction was making it so much better.

"Star-"

"Oh no. Oh no, I'm going to-"

"Don't you dare finish that." Orson pointed a finger at her.

"C-"

"I said don't." He interrupted her.

She started laughing, unable to hold it in anymore. She clutched her stomach and leaned forward as she laughed loudly. Orson didn't laugh, he was just watching her with a small scowl, but that only made her laugh harder.

"Your face." Astra laughed as she reached her hands up to wipe tears away.

She was laughing so hard she was crying.

"That wasn't funny." Orson said.

"If you keep taking things personally, you'll start to notice that you're missing out on all the fun." She used his words against him.

"I hope you drown." Was all Orson said, but as she continued laughing, she saw a small smile on his lips.