10:17am

Those words hurt Astra more than anything, and she covered her mouth with her hand as she started sobbing harder. There was so much tears, she couldn't see anything. Everything was blurred out by her tears as they streamed down her face.

"Where is he Carly?" Astra's voice came out in a squeak as she lowered her hand from her mouth.

"They're rushing him to the hospital."

"What? He's still alive?" The tiny spark of hope came back to Astra's heart as she sat up.

"Yes, but they don't know if he'll make it to the hospital. He's really hurt Astra, it's on the news. Apparently, he had jumped yesterday, and they found him today. Nothing like this has happened in so many years, of course it'd be on the news."

Jumped?

No. She wasn't going to watch the news. She never watched the news, and she didn't want to see it.

"What hospital?" Astra asked as she ran out of his apartment and back to her car.

"Regional Medical Center." Carly said. "You're closer to the hospital then they are, if you leave right now and go as fast as you can, you'll beat them. You'll be able to see him. You'll be able to see if he's okay."

"I have to go. Bye Carly." Astra hung up the phone and started her car. She got to the hospital in 7 minutes, and once she was parked, she ran inside and to the front desk.

"My friend was being rushed here in an ambulance, did he get here yet? Is he okay?" Astra asked the woman behind the front desk.

"I'm sorry sweetie, no ambulance has arrived here yet. If your friend is on their way, I'm sure they'll get here soon. You can have a seat over there." The woman pointed to the empty chairs.

Just as Astra turned and was about to take a seat, she heard sirens. Her eyes widened as she saw the ambulance park in front of the building, and then paramedics rush out.

Astra's heart shattered as she saw him. She saw her Bear Cub.

He was covered in blood. He had a breathing mask over his mouth. He looked dead, but he wasn't. The paramedics were shouting things to the other doctors as they rushed to help.

He was awake. Barely.

As they rushed him past Astra, her eyes met his.

Just for a second. His beautiful brown eyes, the eyes she thought she'd never see again, met hers. For that one second of eye contact, there was something that flashed through his eyes. Something Astra never thought she'd see in his eyes.

Guilt.

There was guilt in his eyes. He knew what he had done would affect her, and everyone else he knew, her friends included.

Right as the flash of guilt disappeared from his eyes, she saw a flash of fear. He tried to reach a hand out towards her, and she stepped forward, reaching her hand out for him as tears slid down her face, but she couldn't touch him.

Right as her fingers almost touched his, his hand dropped before she could even reach him, eyes closing, and the paramedics were shouting about his heart failing and other things as they rushed into the double doors, leaving Astra standing there.

Standing there alone.