9 days until suicide

"Yesterday was nice." Orson said as Astra parked her car.

They had finished their picnic at 3 and went home afterwards. They didn't do anything else, but it was peaceful. It was nice being able to just relax in a quiet and peaceful place.

"Yes, it was." Astra said quietly.

Astra didn't get much sleep the previous night, so she was exhausted. Once the car was parked, she leaned her head on the wheel and let out a tired sigh.

"You okay?"

She lifted her head up to look over at Orson, and he was watching her. She nodded.

"I'm just tired." She admitted. "I didn't get much sleep last night. I feel like I can fall asleep right here in the car. I'm so tired it probably won't be uncomfortable if I do."

"We can go home." Orson said softly.

"No, we're already here. I'm excited to do this anyway, I haven't done it since I was a child." Astra smiled and unbuckled herself to climb out of the car.

Orson followed her.

"It's $72." Orson said when they walked inside. "I didn't bring money."

"I already paid. I paid extra actually, so we can go off by ourselves without a tour guide and group. Come on, it's almost 1. We have to leave by 1." Astra grabbed Orson's hand and walked over to the guy at one of the counters.

"Hi, how may I help you?" He asked her.

"I'm Astra Gazer, we're here for our trip down the Rock Springs Run." She said with a smile as she held out two tickets.

He took them.

"Oh, the private tour." The man smiled as he scanned their tickets. He handed them back with a smile. "My friend Elliot will help you get your gear and kayak. Just go through those doors right there."

"Thank you!" Astra said.

"Astra Gazer." Orson shook his head with a smile as she turned to look at him.

"What's so funny about my name?"

"Star Gazer." Orson said.

"Oh my god you're right." Astra put a hand to her mouth.

"I like it." Orson said.

"What's your last name?" Astra asked him when when she lowered her hand.

"Hart."

"Orson Hart huh, I actually like that." Astra smiled. "Sounds nice."

"Astra Gazer?" A man asked when they walked into the doors the man behind the counter told them to.

"Yes." She said.

The man smiled. "Grab your life jackets. Let's get started shall we?"