13 days until suicide

"Star, what happened last night? Why did you hang up? And don't tell me nothing, because if I have to tell you what's wrong and say the truth now, you have to also."

"It's just my sister." Astra said quietly. "Thinking about you and the blood you were losing, it just made me think of her. There was so much blood."

"I'm sorry." Orson said.

"It's okay." Astra whispered, but it wasn't. She felt tears form in her eyes as she covered her mouth with her hand to try and keep herself from crying.

"I'm really sorry you had to go through that." Orson said softly. "Nobody should have to find their sister, or even brother and parents like that. Especially a family member you grew up with. I don't know how hard that is, but I can take a guess, and I'm so so sorry Star."

"Then don't make me go through that twice." Astra didn't mean to say that, it just came out. She wasn't thinking.

"Star, you can't change my mind." Orson said, and Astra shook her head, the tears now falling. "I told you I didn't want anyone getting close to me. I said I didn't want friends."

"But you said I could try and save you, and I have been. We just got close because of it." Astra whispered.

"I didn't mean for all this to happen." Orson said.

"Please don't leave me." Astra cried.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Please. Please stay, I can't lose someone else. Let me help you, let me save you. Talk to me Bear Cub, please talk to me. You still haven't talked to me about why you're going to do it. Remember what I told you in the hospital. Talk to me. I'm here, I'm right here. I'm listening."

"Star."

"Please. Please talk to me." Tears streamed down her face as she started crying. "Why? Why do you want to kill yourself? Please tell me what's going on. Talk to me, I'm listening."

"I can't."

"Remember what I said in the hospital. I'm here to listen, and I'm here to help you. Just please talk to me, please tell me what's wrong."

"It's not that easy."

"Please."

"I'm sorry Star, but I can't."

He hung up.