18 days until suicide

Orson stirred in his sleep, turning his head to the side, and Astra gasped, scooting her chair closer to the bed he was laying on.

"Bear Cub." Astra gently shook his arm as he furrowed his brows, turning his head to the other side, facing her.

His eyes slowly opened after a second, and as soon as they met Astra's, she started crying and jumped from her chair to wrap her arms around him and hug him tightly.

"Oh my god, I thought I lost you." She cried.

"What happened?" His voice was hoarse, and his eyes widened slightly as it surprised him.

"You were out for two days." Astra let go of him to sit back down in her chair. "You crashed your kart. Why did you crash it? Did you... did you try to kill yourself?"

"I tried to stop." Orson said quietly as he closed his eyes and leaned his head back down on the pillow. "That guy. He did something to my kart, I saw him."

"What guy?" Astra asked him.

"The one you raced." He didn't open his eyes.

"That little sh-"

"It's okay. It doesn't matter anymore."

"You're lucky you didn't die on the way to the hospital. By the time we got here, they were all screaming and shouting at everybody to get out of the way as they rushed you to a room. They didn't know what to do with me, they ended up bringing me to this room to wait for you. Apparently you lost a lot of blood, and they were surprised you didn't die."

"No, I broke my leg. I heard it crack. I felt it." Orson opened his eyes to look at her.

"They said part of the broken kart went into your thigh. Stabbed into it, breaking a bone and an artery. You lost a lot of blood."

Orson sat up, ignoring when Astra reached out to grab him, worried that he would pass out again or something. He slowly lifted the blankets from his leg, and Astra saw his face drop as he saw his leg.

It was wrapped up tightly, a white cast over it. They told her that he'd have to be really careful for the next few months. They didn't want the stitches to pop out. His leg was protected by the cast anyway, they said it'd be hard for the stitches to pop out, but there was always some concern.

And he'd have to go in multiple times in the next few months in the process of healing to change the bandages out and take the stitches out when they were ready.

"I want to go home." Orson said.

"I don't think you can go home right now. I think they're keeping you for another week or so." Astra was kind of glad he'd be in there for another week or two, especially since he was planning on killing himself in 18 days.

At least he'd be safer in a hospital.

"No, I want to go home. I don't want to stay here." Orson shook his head and tried to stand up, but he couldn't even move his leg without it hurting, and he gasped in pain.

"Hey, it's alright, a week isn't that long okay? I can call you every night." Astra grabbed his face and turned his head to look at her. "I'll call you every night, it'll go by fast. I'll visit as much as I can."

Orson just stared at her for a moment before he slowly nodded his head.

"Okay." She gave him a small smile.