Wattpad Original

15|Nightmares

Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares

Lincoln

Thirty minutes being at the club felt like a lifetime after what Sienna and I did in the car. Gone was the cold shoulder I received earlier, and now I'm having to endure the lust in Sienna's eyes every time she looks my way.

I order a shot of whiskey as Sienna approaches my side, tapping her fingertips on top of the bar.

"Would you like a drink, Sienna?" I ask as I send her a smoldering stare.

She shakes her head. "It's probably best if I stay sober tonight."

The bartender slides the shot towards me, and I throw it back quickly, slamming it down on the bar before I wipe away the beads of sweat on my forehead. It's hot as hell in this club, the crowds of people and loud music becoming overwhelming.

"Why won't you agree to the deal?" I question. "All I'm asking is to ensure that we'll remain in business even if we wind up sleeping together."

"Because I'm not letting another man be in control," she says. "I'm not going to let someone dictate my future, not even if they're good at making me orgasm. I will have the right to terminate our contract, regardless of whether or not we sleep together, just as our law-binding contract currently states, Lincoln. There will be no changes."

I nod, slightly impressed. She truly is a businesswoman at heart, and I despise that I find myself more attracted to her than ever. To take this risk, to continue even further with her could jeopardize everything my father worked for. Is she really worth it? Our connection is so fucking strong, but I barely know her.

A man approaches the bar, smiling too excessively at Sienna. He's tall, dark, and handsome, looking almost identical to Reed's build. Exactly her type. "Can I buy you a drink?" he asks, even when I'm standing right here. I clench my jaw but say nothing. Sienna isn't mine. She's made that clear. Not that I want her to be mine. I've never had someone be mine. Why the fuck did I just think that?

She sends him a smile that could make all men drop to their knees. "I don't accept drinks from strangers," she says.

"Fair enough," he replies and extends a hand to her, "how about a dance then?"

After contemplating it for a few seconds, she finally places her hand in his before she sends me a wink and follows him out onto the dance floor. She wants me to give in, she's trying to make me jealous, but it's not going to work. I can't risk losing my father's company. I just can't. No matter how damn intoxicating the woman might be.

I order another shot of whiskey as Archer approaches my side, his face red and sweaty as Carmen is wrapped tightly under his arm. "I think we're going to head out," he says with a laugh. A laugh that lets me know exactly what's in store for him tonight. "Do you want to share a cab back?"

I give him a pointed look, not trying to rub it in his face that I have a driver on standby for me, but he seems to get the hint and claps me on the back as Carmen stares at Sienna on the dance floor. "I can't believe she's dancing with someone," she says, furrowing her eyebrows together in confusion as if it's shocking to her.

"She doesn't dance?" I ask.

Carmen shakes her head. "Not since..." And then she stops herself and clears her throat. "Will you make sure she gets home okay for me?"

"Of course," I say, not wanting to cock-block Archer, "you guys go. Have a good night."

The other shot lands on the bar in front of me as Archer and Carmen disappear into the crowd, and after I slam the liquor back, I glance behind me and narrow my eyes at Sienna on the dance floor.