Wattpad Original

75|Handle It

Lincoln

Over the past few weeks, I've gained the knowledge that my brother is capable of murder, my father was a former crime lord, and now our entire family is under the watchful eye of a man formerly known as Franco, my father's nemesis before he passed due to a drug deal gone wrong.

Maybe that's why seeing Sienna holding a pocket knife dripping with blood brings forth a surge of arousal rather than concern.

It's either that, or I'm clinically insane.

"H-How did you find me?" She asks, standing utterly still. I'm unsure whether or not she wants me to touch her, so despite my instincts, I remain glued to the spot by the door, the lust fading at the brokenness of her voice.

Her hair is a wreck, and blood splatters her face and cashmere sweater. From the few feet away I'm standing, I can see the shudders rolling through her body, the effects of the adrenaline winding down.

The last thing she needs is another bomb dropped on her that my brother has taken over as the crime lord of New York.

Or is it New Jersey?

I didn't even think to ask.

"It's...not important," I decide to say, letting my eyes scan her body for any injuries. Physically, she seems fine, which means the blood is Travis's, where a pool of blood is surrounding him and currently staining Sienna's boots. "All that matters is that you're okay."

"I..." She glances down, noticing the blood surrounding her, and when the adrenaline tapers down even more, her knife clatters to the concrete floor. "I...I killed him. Oh my god. I just killed someone."

"In self-defense," I reassure her. Technically, I wasn't here to witness the fight, but I know Sienna had her reasons. Hell, what he did to her in the past is reason enough to kill the fucker.

"It doesn't matter if it was self-defense, Linc." She begins pacing the floor, leaving trails of bloody footprints. "What if the police don't see it that way? They rarely believe the female in these cases. I could go to prison."

"That's not going to happen."

She blinks incredulously. "Are you kidding? I'm the CEO of the largest marketing company on the East Coast. When they find my fingerprints, and my—Great." She sighs at the bloody footprints she left. "I'm just creating the target on my back at this point."

Let me know if you need anything.

My brother's voice echoes in my head, to the offer he gave me, and if I have to choose between participating in illegal activity and ensuring Sienna doesn't go to jail? I'm picking the former.

"Do you trust me?" I ask.

"Implicitly," she instantly replies. My chest surges with pride. "But you don't understand. It's more complicated now. Rachel is Travis's sister. She is who those adoption papers belonged to."

"I know."

She burns her gaze into mine. "You know? How?"

"Again, not important right now. I'll tell you after we get out of this hell hole." I take a reluctant few steps closer to her, relieved when she gives me a tentative nod. "Are you sure you aren't hurt?"

Finally, my hands meet her arms, and I take my time inspecting every inch of exposed skin that I can. Now that I'm up close, there are a few bruises dotting her jawline, seeming to grow darker with each passing second, and her right cheek is bright pink. Granted, I could have found her in a much worse condition, so I'm grateful it's only a few bruises and tinted skin, but what if he hit her and she's too pumped full of nerves to remember? What if when she undresses, there are more injuries to be uncovered? She just killed someone. Her body is more than likely numb.