Wattpad Original

62|Fair

Lincoln

A woman like Sienna could get herself virtually anything she wanted for Christmas, so a large, extravagant gift would mean nothing. My conversation with Margo while shopping in the city kept ringing through my head, and the more I thought about it, the less stressed I became.

Margo was right. All I needed to get Sienna for Christmas was a gift that came from the heart, and yes, this gift did cost money, but it proves I actually listen to her. I care about her hopes and dreams, and I'm hoping she recognizes that.

"We could have used my jet," Sienna says after flying for almost six hours. She slept for most of the trip, her head on my shoulder, and the familiar spark in her brown eyes that had diminished earlier had come back.

"Then it wouldn't have been a gift," I reply. I rented a private jet to take us where I needed. As it is, I feel like she had bought this trip, too. After all, my father's company is thriving thanks to her team and the renovations she came up with. I wouldn't have been able to afford this trip if it wasn't for her.

"Are you ever going to tell me where you're whisking me off to?"

A smile tilts on my lips as I say, "Where would the fun in that be?"

With a huff of frustration, she sinks into the plush leather seats of the plane, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Are you hungry?" I ask. "The flight attendants can get you something."

"No, but I'd like to know where we're going. Would they tell me?"

"They're under strict orders not to, Sienna. I'm one step ahead of you."

It's comical, honestly, to watch her act behave like a child being told they can't have dessert before dinner. I've always known Sienna was a planner. She likes to have a schedule and be in control of things happening around her, and just for a second, I debate on ruining the surprise and telling her, but then she points to the television in front of us and asks, "Is that what I think it is?"

Her birthday should be filled with everything she loves, which is why I ensured the entire Harry Potter collection was queued up prior to take off. We didn't watch any of them since she slept the whole way, but the movies are at the hotel at our destination, too. I made sure of it.

"Linc." She smiles softly, giving my hand a tight squeeze. "You're so thoughtful. Thank you."

I kiss the top of her head and pull her close, inhaling the scent of honey from her shampoo. For the first time since we packed and left the city, I feel a sense of relief. Someone had followed her. Someone had tried to take her away from me, and when Carmen called me concerned about Sienna's mental health, I didn't need to debate getting on the next flight back to her.

There are so many unanswered questions, and with someone now stalking her at her place of work? I needed to get her out of there. I needed to find a way for both of us to clear our heads and look at all the facts with a fresh point of view. Staying in that city constantly looking over our shoulders isn't going to help anything.

But for right now, she's safe with me. We're together, and I'm not letting her out of my fucking sight when we land.

***

Sienna was speechless when we landed, and she continued to remain that way during our drive to the hotel in the back of an SUV.

This woman has traveled around the world, and she's been here plenty of times, so I knew she was aware of where we were. But I also knew what being here meant to her, and I wanted to give her that time to process it.