Wattpad Original

21|Buns

Chapter Twenty-One: Buns

Lincoln

Sienna is doing better than I ever thought she would. Throughout dinner, she told my mother of all the countries she's been to, and my mother clung to every word, both of them sharing their stories of travel while Jett sat across from me, jaw clenched and arms crossed over his chest.

Take that. I smirk at him with my eyes, but this time he smirks back and clears his throat, sitting up straighter in his chair. "So, Lincoln, tell us again of the business plan you have for Nash enterprises. If you want me to back off so badly, let me know what you have planned to fix this."

"What do you mean?" I reply tersely.

"Your business plan," he repeats slower, like I'm incapable of understanding. "Or do you not have one? I always forget that you didn't go to business school. Face it, Linc, Dad's company is in the hands of some woman we now barely know, and sometimes your secretary that you met in high school, but never you, the CEO of the company, because you don't understand it."

I watch as he sits back and spins the expensive Rolex he's wearing around his wrist, the anger inside of me threatening to boil out. I can't lose my cool and make this dinner go south. My mother will yell at us for fighting and then she'll never reach a conclusion.

I'm trying to think of how to respond, my body rigid when Sienna suddenly reaches under the table to squeeze my hand. She must know I'm upset. Either that, or she's having sympathy for me. I'm not sure which theory I hate worse.

"No need to worry," Sienna explains more to my mother than Jett. "I've been running my business for almost ten years now, and my company's net worth is twice the size of Nash enterprises. I already told Lincoln that we will be having weekly tutoring sessions to try and get him up to speed. He'll be a business mogul before we know it."

I'm sitting in my chair completely dumbfounded, and even though Jett wants to hate Sienna's guts, even he seems impressed. It doesn't stop the narrowing of his eyes though, and I can sense the witty remark bubbling up from him until my mother sets her napkin down on top of her plate and shoots him another evil glare of hers. "That is enough, Jett. I will not tolerate any more disrespect tonight from you." Then she looks at Sienna, her eyes softening before she adds, "Come with me, I have something I think you'd like to see."

Sienna nods and smiles, following my mother out of the dining room to leave Jett and me alone. It takes everything I have not to stare at her ass, to not watch those long legs that I'll soon have my head buried between. I'm desperately counting down the seconds.

Jett raises a brow. "How long?"

"How long since what?"

"Since you've been fucking her."

My whole body stills, and a new level of anger courses through me. I don't know why the sentence makes me pissed because that's exactly what we're doing, but I don't want Jett to find out. He's a snake. Somehow, he'll use this against me.

"We aren't fucking," I reply.

He lets out a snort. "I've known you my entire life, Lincoln, and I could tell that you've fucked her after being around you for five minutes. In fact..." He takes another sip of wine and tilts his chair back so that he's resting on two legs of it. "If I didn't think I was completely losing it, I'd say it's more than fucking."

"It's not," I tell him honestly because it isn't.

"So it's fucking, then." He smiles, knowing he's caught me. God damn him and his way to smuggle the truth out of people. A true businessman at heart, one I'll never be. "Tell me, how good is she in bed? Does she do as she's told, or is she wild?"