Wattpad Original

45|Payback

Chapter Forty-Five: Payback

Sienna

"So, how many homes do you actually own?" Lincoln asks on our way back to the booth as if he didn't just fuck me senseless two minutes ago. My heart is still racing, my palms sweating, my legs shaking in these heels...

"Ten," I reply. A long silence follows my response. "Property is one of the best things to invest in."

"I know, I know, I'm just thinking of all of this new money coming in thanks to you, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I don't have any property aside from my condo. Maybe you could help me figure out what to purchase first."

I smile at that. I love that he trusts me enough to help him with something like this. I love that he respects me as a woman and as a businesswoman. He doesn't have a big ego, and he's always willing to listen to any advice I have to give. I haven't steered him wrong yet, and since we've met, he's flourishing to become a fantastic CEO.

"Of course," I tell him. "I'd love to."

We slide into the booth while Carmen discusses the latest designer bag that just dropped, but as soon as we're seated, she stops whatever it is she had planned to say and makes a tsk tsk sound. "If you wanted a quickie, you could have just left. We would have understood."

"It's about damn time," Margo adds.

"Oh my god, we did not have a quickie," I blurt out, but my cheeks are getting redder by the second, and Lincoln is just sitting there with a smug grin on his face. He's proud of himself.

Riley arches a brow. "Is that why you wiped your lipstick off?"

"Ah," Margo says, scanning my face again. "I didn't even notice that. Good point."

"Okay, can everyone stop analyzing our sex life please?" I ask. "Let's get back to what you were talking about. The newest designer bag, right? What brand?"

Jett leans forward, elbows on the table. "Oh, come on, Sienna. There's nothing wrong with admitting you liked it."

Carmen scoffs. "You aren't included in this conversation, Jett."

"And why not? I'm present at this table, aren't I?"

"It doesn't matter if you're at the table. You're here as a guest. You haven't earned the right to tease her yet."

Archer is glancing between the two of them as they continue to bicker, looking just as confused as I am. Normally, Carmen doesn't care about what other people have to say, but Jett seems to get under her skin. A lot. Maybe she's just protective over me after everything that happened, which is understandable.

Jett circles the rim of his glass with one finger and leans back into the booth. "You know, it's a shame you waste that mouth of yours with all of that talking. Imagine the possibilities if you pursue other, more filling endeavors."

"Hey," I warn. I don't care if Jett is Lincoln's brother. He's an ass who needs to be put in his place. Arrogant, condescending, little shit.

Carmen sticks her hand out to stop me, sending Jett a forced smile. She leans close into his face, and if I'm not mistaken, Jett checks her out as his eyes move from hers down to her lips, and I see my friend gulp. Oh no. "Trust me, Jett, I'm very aware of what my mouth is capable of when I'm not speaking, and I'm fucking thrilled to say that you'll never find out."

The whole table is holding their breath, including Jett as they stare each other down, but he finally rolls his eyes and shifts away from her, gulping down the rest of his drink. "If you'll excuse me, I'm heading out for the night."