Wattpad Original

73|Hidden Truth

Lincoln

On the way home from New Jersey, my mind is cluttered with fragmented pieces of the truth my father and brother kept hidden from me for years.

Where am I supposed to go from here? Selling the company will be my first priority to ensure my mother and Jett are kept safe and free from harm, but even after I sell, Jett agreed it'll only pressure this Franco fucker out of hiding. Not to mention, what will happen to the employees I favor? Margo, who has been my best friend during my acne-prone teenage years. What will happen to her?

Staring out the blackened windows, the highway moves at a rapid speed, snow cramped up against the concrete barriers in a wet, dirty slush.

Maybe situations like these are why having a partner is handy. Hell, I have one of the most successful women on the planet as my partner. She's a goddamn billionaire. If anyone could help me sort out my thoughts, it'd be her.

Suddenly, I'm extremely grateful I decided to tell her everything over dinner tonight.

As my driver takes the familiar exit towards the city, my phone rings, and I'm more than displeased when my brother's name flashes across the screen. I just left his...warehouse? Mansion? What does he need that's so pressing?

"What?" I snap. I don't have time for delays. Especially when I still have to stop by the liquor store to pick up a bottle of the most expensive champagne they have. Normally, I'd have one imported for a woman as special as Sienna, but I don't have time, and as smart as she is, I know there will be a deal for us to celebrate tonight.

"Apologies," Jett says, clearing his throat. "I got a hit on the sister faster than anticipated. The woman goes by the name of Rachel Greenwood."

Rachel.

In an instant, my blood turns to ice. Rachel, her secretary who has worked under her and created her schedules since she started there. Rachel, the woman who blushed whenever she was around me. Who seemed timid and not at all the type to be involved with a criminal.

An award-winning actress if I've ever met one.

And Sienna is with her right now in a sketchy fucking location.

"Rachel Greenwood," I repeat, trying to keep my composure.

"From the sounds of it, you know who she is," Jett replies. I have no idea how he can read me so well. Then again, if he smuggles information out of people for a living, I guess he has to be knowledgeable on voice changes and other minor things others wouldn't notice. "I've got people on it as we speak to find her, but no luck so far. Any information you have, give me it. I'll use it."

"She's..." Fuck, why am I finding it so difficult to breathe? "She's Sienna's secretary. They've been working together to pitch warehouses to land an imperative deal with La Beaute. Sienna told me Rachel found a great property, and they were both supposed to show it to the CEO today."

I pull my phone away from my ear and bring up Sienna's contact. I was smart enough to share our locations, but when I click into her name, it's blank.

Fuck.

Fuck.

FUCK.

"He has her," I say more to myself than him. The guilt wraps its way around my heart, squeezing it tight enough to burst. I shouldn't have left her alone. I should have taken her with me to New Jersey despite Jett's refusal. I should have been there. "He fucking has her. He shut her phone off."

"Focus." Jett keeps his voice at a normal level as he guides me through the next steps. "Do you remember where the warehouse was located?"

I rack my brain for any hints Sienna may have given, but the only memories flashing through my mind are of her in Paris with her hand in mine. When her face was tilted up towards the sun, her skin glowing and radiant before I pulled her into my arms and kissed her. All of the memories I took for granted and may never have again.