𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

s2, ep9: Katerina

❝It's always have and never hold, 'cause you've begun to feel like home❞

❤︎❤︎❤︎

It was a bit awkward between the three girls for a while, especially Juliette who was with two girls literally the spitting image of each other. "Stefan know you're here?" Katherine asked weakly.

"I brought you some things." Elena told her, ignoring the question so Jules shook her head to answer it.

Katherine scoffed. "You came to bribe me. What do you want?"

Elena threw a book that Jules distinctly recognised. "I want you to tell me about Klaus." She demanded. "Jules here isn't giving me any answers."

Katherine smiled, clearly impressed. "Hmm, you've been busy." She said and Elena nodded and pulled out another book.

"I also brought you this," She said and Katherine's head popped up when she saw the book. "It's your family history. It says in her that the family line ended with you, obviously, that's not true."

Juliette sat down and made herself quite comfy on the floor while Katherine scoffed. "You think if you brought me some family keepsake that I'd open up?" The older doppelgänger asked.

Elena rolled her eyes and put the book back in her bag. "I also brought you this," She added and pulled out a bottle of blood. Katherine seemed so hungry that she forgot about the tomb barrier and tried to snatch it off Elena but she couldn't. "You don't look so good. How long before your body shuts down? 10, 20 years? Must be painful to desiccate and mummify, I can't even imagine."

Juliette laughed as she recognised the game Elena was playing with Katherine, and she seemed to be winning. All three girls were now sat down. Elena poured some of the blood into a small cup and used a stick off the floor to push it towards Katherine.

"You have the Petrova fire," Katherine complimented whilst drinking the blood quickly. Elena took back the cup and Kat began talking. "It's a long story, Klaus and I. Goes all the way back to England 1492, right after I left Bulgaria."

"Darling, you were thrown out like a dog." Juliette reminded her but Kat just glared at her.

Elena looked between the two. "Thrown out?"

"My family, your true ancestors, they disowned me. My indiscretions were not tolerated at that time. I had a baby out of wedlock, the shame."

"It was kept secret." Elena guessed correctly.

"My baby was given away,' Kat continued. "I was banished to England and luckily Juliette was there with me but I still had to learn to adjust. So I quickly became English. It was there that I caught the eye of a nobleman named Klaus. I was taken with him at first, till I found out what he was and what he wanted from me, then I ran like hell."

Elena stood up. "What did Klaus want?" She asked.

This made Juliette send a warning look towards Kat that said 'be careful what you say and don't give it all away'. Katherine nodded but it went unnoticed by Elena.

"Same thing that he'll want from you," Juliette decided to intervene, not trusted Kat to not slip up. "He wants to break the curse."

"By sacrificing the Petrova doppelgänger." Elena breathed.

Juliette chuckled. "He wanted to drain every single drop of blood from Katerina's pretty little self." She told Elena. "And that's what he'll want from you."