𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

season 3, episode 21

❝Thunder rumbling, castles crumbling. I am trying to hold on.❞

❤︎❤︎❤︎

It seem that due to being out of town, Aaron and Juliette had missed a lot. Finn had been killed, making it now known that if an original died, then so did their entire sire line. They left Zaria in New York with some friends and whilst driving back to Mystic Falls, they got the news that Esther and Alaric had died.

"What's wrong with you?" Aaron asked Rebekah when she came running into the house.

She looked at them all. "Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." Rebekah panted.

"I thought you said Alaric was dead." Juliette told Nik who nodded.

"He is."

"Well he's not," Rebekah snapped. "And he's a vampire thanks to mothers spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong Nik, too strong."

Seeing as Nik wasn't answering, too busy covering up his paintings getting ready to move, Aaron asked, "Where is he now?"

"Stuck at school, without a daylight ring." Rebekah answered.

Juliette sighed. "So as soon as night falls, he's coming after us." She concluded and Rebekah nodded. "Okay, we need to leave. Why did I even come back in the first place?"

"Fine," Nik nodded when the other two agreed with Juliette. "I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way."

"He's not serious, right?" Aaron questioned with a laugh.

"Forget Elena. You don't need anymore stupid hybrids!" Rebekah yelled.

"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us." Nik snapped.

Rebekah continued arguing. "We'll protect each other, like we always have. Always and forever, Nik."

"Damn, she pulled out that card." Aaron muttered and Juliette snorted but quickly turned it to a cough. It seemed the past few weeks, the couple had been getting along a lot better.

Nik went silent for a few moments. "I'm not leaving without her." He told them all and continued packing.

"I'm leaving now," Rebekah said harshly. "You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own." No one said anything and Rebekah's glare now held both Klaus and Juliette. "Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you all, see if I care."

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Walking up to the Gilbert house, Juliette was trying to talk some sense into her brother. Key word: Trying.

"Look, I just think that maybe Rebekah was right," Juliette told him. "Maybe we should just get the hell out of here while we can, before Alaric even gets a chance to kill us."

Klaus turned to her suddenly. "If you're so worried why don't you and your damn husband - or ex, I don't really care - just leave?"

"I'm not leaving without you," She whispered. His eyes turned to slight concern. "You're about the only sibling I can tolerate right now and I kind of need my favourite brother to live."

He stood silent for a moment. "I'll be quick getting Elena."

And they were back to square one.

Jeremy opened the door. "What the hell do you want?" He asked rudely.