𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

season 3, episode 14: Dangerous Liaisons

❝Hand in my hand and we promised to never let go, we're walking a tightrope.❞

❤︎❤︎❤︎

The dance began and Aaron and Juliette didn't really speak that much. That was always what happened when they danced, they would watch everyone else and gossip about what they heard afterwards.

"You know I remember the last time we danced-" Aaron began but Juliette cut him off.

"Don't," She interrupted. "Don't start this here. It just brings up bad memories. The last time we danced was 90 years ago, and then you slept with my sister and we got divorced. So don't bring it up unless you want this dance to come to an early end."

Aaron sighed. "Come on Juliette, what's it going to take for you to accept my apology?" He asked. 

Juliette huffed. "You could apologise a thousand more times and I'd still have to consider forgiving you." She put the wedding ring back in his hand and walked off.

Zaria watched as Juliette walked away from Aaron on the dance floor. She thought, for a moment, that her parents might start getting along again. She was wrong.

"Penny for your thoughts?" The voice of her grandmother came from behind her.

Zaria gave in and decided to talk to her. "I thought they were getting along but I guess I was wrong." She told Esther.

"Marriage can be hard," Esther told her. "Especially when one loses a son." Zaria's head snapped towards Esther. "What happened to him?"

Zaria considered lying but then again, the Mikaelson family always figured the truth out. "He was taken in 1914, in Italy. He went out for a morning jog but he never came back, no witches could find him and nothing worked." She explained.

Esther sighed. "I don't believe people are dead until I see their bodies." She walked off, leaving Zaria to her thoughts.

❤︎❤︎❤︎

Juliette walked over to where Kol and Rebekah were standing. "Bekah, I'm surprised you brought Matt with you," Juliette told her. "I thought you would've brought Aaron."

Kol almost spit his drink everywhere trying not to laugh. "That was low, Juliette."

"So was sleeping with my husband." Juliette muttered but Rebekah wasn't paying attention to her two immature siblings. "Where is Matt, Rebekah?"

"Flirting with his ex." Rebekah stated. "Like Juliette was doing earlier."

Kol interrupted before the sisters could start ripping each others throats out. "You've changed Bekah," Kol told her. "Settling for mortals is the first sign of weakness."

"I'm not settling," Rebekah told them, making the others confused. "I brought him here to kill him."

"Excuse me?" Juliette wondered.

The blonde looked at her siblings. "He's Elena's friend. If he dies, she suffers," Rebekah explained. "But I've already been scolded by our mother once, so I was hoping you'd help your baby  and big sister out?"