♣ chapter 02

"Eros, you've done well

"Eros, you've done well."

I sit across from his desk, watching his every move. I have been raised to be like this. Alert and aware of every little detail. It is a curse.

"Which is not surprising, of course," he laughs, walking around the office.

"Your father would be so proud of your abilities."

Like I haven't heard this bullshit before.

"The precision of your aim is just... like no other."

I stop his battering with a wave of my hand. His attention diverts to what I'm going to say.

"How much?" I question, placing the gun down on his desk. Vicente smiles.

"You know what you want, Eros. I respect that," he reaches into a drawer, and my hand is ready to reach for the weapon.

But instead, he tosses three bands of stacked cash on the table. And pulls out another file.

"Eliminate him by tomorrow night, I triple this," he points down to the money.

I glance down at the file, recognizing the name. A simple kill.

I stand, grab the gun, and slip it back into my waistband.

He holds out his hand, raising a brow.

"Deal."

And with that, I shake his hand, finalizing business.

"I knew you were a prodigy the minute you were born."

I turn, walking toward the door.

"I wish he could be here to see you perfect your art, you fulfill the Eros name."

Trust me, I know.

---

"Hey Amorette, as soon as you get ready, we need you on table 7," Marie says as I tie on my black apron

"Got it, Marie," I assure, grabbing my notepad and heading out of the kitchen to serve Lorenzo's.