♣ chapter 15

On my walk back to Amaiah's, I had gotten a call from our bank

"Miss Ávila, it seems that your mortgage bill isn't going through," the lady says, "have you recently s changed the account of the deposit?"

Oh, great. This is fantastic.

"No, I don't think so," I say, "I paid it a little later than usual, but it was still on time."

"We see the history of the deposit, but it's showing that the account is full. Oh, you're mortgage has been fully paid off, Miss Ávila," she says, shocked herself.

My lips part, and I almost trip and fall on the sidewalk.

"How is that possible? We still had a years worth of monthly payments," I ask, scared that the billing changed and I was taking someone's money.

"There was a generous fund placed into your separate savings. We were requested to dedicate it to the mortgage," she says, and I'm freaking out.

"A fund? From who?"

"Anonymous, ma'am. We signed to keep it that way," she says.

"Oh, okay. Thank you, anyway," I say, and she says goodbye before hanging up.

I'm so confused, and I'm wondering how the fuck that money got in there.

It worries me a little. I hope Emilio hasn't done anything bad. And I hope my father forgot how the account works, because if this is him, I might not be able to live with myself. There's no way he could've gotten 12 months worth of mortgage payments from any type of job.

Unless it was illegal.

Oh, goodness.

I text Amaiah to tell her I'm on my way back, and she sends me thumbs up.

Well, at least there's no more mortgage.

Speeding down the highway, I only have one thing on my mind

Amorette

Her lips, her body, her eyes.