♣ chapter 32

I pull up the long gravel driveway of the address written in the slip of paper I received

I pull up the long gravel driveway of the address written in the slip of paper I received. My hands were slightly trembling on the wheel, and nerves racked my body. I really didn't know how to feel about this whole situation.

There's dark green trees that surround the whole estate, and when I finally pull around to the entrance, my jaw drops at what I see.

It's a dark and historically modern home, two stories and built out to the side and back. Theres dark brick and gray concrete establishing a looming exterior, and if it was storming and dark outside, I would assume this was a horror movie. But I love it.

It's not too big, but I know Eros must've worked his ass off for the amount of land it takes up. There's a garden area from what I could see, and shrubs are neatly planted and laid on the outskirts of the scape.

"Holy shit," I breathe out, slowly parking my car to the side of one of Eros's three cars that sit at the end of the driveway.

My eyes are stuck on the large glass windows and the ominous double-doors. I've never seen a place like this in real life...

I quickly send Eros a text letting him know I'm here, and seconds after, he's walking out of the house and toward me. Clad in black pants and a white dress shirt, Eros looks very put together. My mouth waters at the sight of him.

I quietly get out of the car, feeling as if my movements disturbed the secluded air.

"Your home is beautiful, Eros," I whispered to him when he approached me. His cologne blesses my senses, stealing my thoughts away completely. All I can focus on is the way his eyes trail down my body, lingering heavily on my skirt that hugs my waist then flows out at my hips. I absentmindedly tugged my cropped shirt down, feeling as if this was only for him to see behind closed doors.

His hands flex at his sides, and I ogle at the veins and tattoos on his skin.

A gentle pitter-patter of footsteps draw my attention away from Eros, and my breathe is completely stolen as I look behind him.

Two very big dogs warily come up beside Eros, looking me over and sniffing the air around them.

Oh my fucking shit.

One was taller and slimmer than the other, and due to its dark color, I assumed it was a Doberman. The other was shorter, but still huge by all means. It may be a Rottweiler mix, but I hadn't brushed up in my knowledge of dog breeds in a while.

They corner me against my car, and Eros ordered something in a different language that had them backing away immediately. They stood straight on either side of him, still staring at me.

I glanced back up at Eros, who reaches for my trunk and opens up the box-filled space. I had two bags with my clothes, and the boxes were just things around the house that I couldn't leave.