♣ chapter 41

"I'm going to Amaiah's for a little bit tonight," I told Eros as I cooked him dinner, and he stopped working on his computer to look up at me

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I'm going to Amaiah's for a little bit tonight," I told Eros as I cooked him dinner, and he stopped working on his computer to look up at me.

"I'll have a driver take you over," he said, stretching his back against the chair. His bare chest caught my eyes, the lean muscle highlighted by the ink on his skin. His chain hung loosely from his neck, the glint of metal making my mouth water.

I knew I wouldn't change his mind, but I tilted my head at him anyway.

"Safety, Angel."

I was about done with hearing about safety. Especially after Dante had interrogated me about what I saw, claiming that he needed it for witness statements when people took this case to court.

I sautéed some vegetables while keeping an eye on the salmon in the oven. White rice was cooking in the rice maker, and I made sure to make enough food for at least five people. Quinton was around here somewhere, and God knows who else will be hungry around the house.

The dogs have already been fed, so they don't count.

As Eros worked at the island, he occasionally watched me for periods of time. It made me blush more than I liked to admit.

My phone rang just as I took the salmon out of the oven, and Eros glanced at it before looking back at me.

"Can you answer that for me?" I asked him, trying not to burn myself on the pan.

He put the call on speaker, not mentioning who it was.

"Is this Miss Amorette Ávila?" an unfamiliar female voice asked.

I furrowed my brows, stepping closer to my phone. "Yes. Who is this?"

"This is Michelle Pace with Channel 4 News. We were wondering if you would like to do an interview about the events that occurred today regarding the border control and America's Customs Enforcement," she spoke clearly, "We can make it anonymous, if needed."

My eyes widened, and I looked at Eros for any sign of guidance. His jaw clenched, and he gave me a look that told me it was up to me.

I could talk forever about those topics.

"Like a live interview?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"That or a reporter's collection, it's completely your choice," she said.

"It can be anonymous?" I double-checked.

"Yes ma'am, we would just take a journal of your response and name it under a witness on the scene," she responded, "It would be very helpful to have a direct source of this information in order to get the story out, Miss."

"I would be happy to give a statement as long as I remained unknown," I told her. Eros gave me a short nod, silently telling me he approved.

Thanks.