♣ chapter 06

"Retta

"Retta."

"Amorette."

My eyes slowly open, and for a second, I thought I was just taking a nap on the couch, but then I realize I'm in a whole other room, in a whole other house, with completely different people.

I lift myself to see Emilio standing over me like a creep, and I narrow my eyes at him.

"You need to eat, it's getting late, and I know you want to go to Church tomorrow morning," he tugs me off the bed, leaving me to almost break a bone. I groan and follow him back into the hall, not wanting to talk to anyone right now.

Rubbing my eyes, I realize I still have makeup on, and that it's now even more of a mess than it was before.

Emilio gets me a plate, and I see a whole ass meal in front of me. I must have been asleep for a while. I check my phone, and it's already 10.

Someone made pasta, and there's a salad. And bread!

Emilio is walking around like he knows the place, and it only makes me feel worse. My stomach sinks low in my body.

"Is this where you stayed when you didn't come home?" I ask, crossing my arms. Emilio looks over his shoulder at me, seeing the look on my face.

"It's business, Amorette," he shrugs.

"Yeah, everyone's been saying that lately," I roll my eyes. Emilio doesn't appreciate my tone.

"Just go sit down and eat," he hands me the full plate and shoves me toward the table near the main room. That's when I see way more people on the couch than before.

Michael, the twin brothers, Eros, the purple-haired girl from the other night, and another person I don't know are here.

I just block everything out. Sitting down to eat my food, Emilio comes around to place his hands on my shoulders.

"I know this isn't an ideal situation, Amorette," he tells me quietly, "But sometimes shit happens, and we're gonna figure it out, okay?"

I nod, sipping from the water bottle he gave me.

"Let me see your eye," I turn to him, grabbing his chin. He tries moving his head, but I pull it back so I can see the side of his face.

"It's done bleeding, at least," I say, gently tapping the swollen part of his eye. "Does that hurt?"

He shakes his head, pulling away from me so I can't worry about it.

"You need to ice it," I tell him, and he just walks into the other room. He ignored me.

Shocker.

I continue eating, noticing how hungry I really was.

My phone buzzes, and I glance down to see Amaiah calling. Does she know?