♣ chapter 17

I slam my fist into the man's face, my eyes revel in the blood that drips from his nose

My phone rings in my pocket, and I nod to the man waiting to finish what I has started. Wiping my bloody hand on the towel next to me, I step out of the cell room.

Reign calls me, and I answer it immediately, knowing he said he would only call if it was important.

"Eros, you're not going to like what I tell you," Reign says over the loud music and shouts in the background.

"What happened?"

He's silent, and I hear voices in the background. "Amorette may have gotten fucked up, and Luis was all over her. Emilio saw, and now he is threatening to shoot Luis and he's waving a gun at half the people here."

My blood boils at the thought of Luis touching Amorette. I made it very clear he needed to back off, and now her unstable brother was trying to murder the people that keep our business running.

There's more shouting over the phone, and I hear Reign telling people to get out and leave the house.

"He's calling her a slut, oh fuck-" there's a crash after Reign's words.

"Get him on the phone, now."

My fist clenches at my side. I'm in my car, driving to the house I'm staying in. When I'm away, things seem to go to shit really fast.

"What?" Snaps an angry Emilio. I exhale deeply, finding all the patience left in my body.

"You're going to put the goddamn gun down, then apologize for insulting your fucking sister," I snap, and there's a muttered curse in response.

"You want her so bad, Eros? She's fucking your friend, and probably the rest of the whole city," Emilio snaps, and I hear Reign yelling at him. "She's a whore for attention, and you're only giving her more."

My fist clenches the wheel, holding back the urge to drive straight back home now. It would be of no use, however, and I would be wasting my time.

There's no way Amorette would've fucked Luis. She didn't like him at all. She was scared of him, right?

"Have some fucking respect for your family, Ávila. Stop acting like an immature child before there are consequences."

"Whatever," he scoffs, and there's another shout before Reign is back on the call.

"Amorette is okay, by the way," he says, the room he's in now is more quiet. "She didn't fuck Luis, Eros."