♣ chapter 12

The music is loud, and my heart races at the vibration of it through my body

The music is loud, and my heart races at the vibration of it through my body. The Weeknd plays over speakers.

Emilio had hurried toward the alcohol the second we walked in. I was already wanting to leave.

Apparently, Rika had been planning this for a while now. It was supposed to ease the tension on the streets, but I think it might do the opposite.

Rika's house isn't too far from Reign's, but that means that the same risk is present here as well.

"God, Amorette. I'm so happy to see you here," Amaiah hurried over to me, hugging me tight like she didn't just see me at school earlier today.

"I do not want to be here," I tell her, and she nods, understanding my uneasiness.

"Do you want a drink?" She asks, obviously trying to make me feel better.

"Sure," I shrug, needing something to calm myself down.

I'm just stressing for no reason. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself.

"Wanna dance?" she asks, tugging me toward the living room where most of the crowd is.

I go with her, trying to at least enjoy myself while I'm here.

We danced for twenty minutes, and my feet were killing me. I had to watch my back a few times, the men here were too touchy.

Amaiah had to yell at a few guys, and I refrained from laughing at the whole situation.

"If I see Axel near any sort of drug tonight, I'm going to lose my shit," Amaiah snaps, looking over my shoulder. I turn, seeing two guys sitting on the couch, cocaine on the table in front of them. Emilio sits to the left of them by Michael, and Eros sits lazily in the chair next to them. Axel leans against the wall beside them. I should be concerned about my brother doing drugs, but all I can do is look at Eros. I'm staring at him, his thighs parted and his tattooed hands going back and forth with a blunt and a bong. It's the hottest thing I've seen him do, even though I think bongs are too over-the-top.

"Why?" I ask her, moving my hips with hers.

"He has a meeting with his family tomorrow, and they might drug test him. I can't have him getting locked in that house during summer," she whines, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. I think she's had a lot more to drink than me.

"Well, that doesn't mean you can't do any," I smile at her, and she giggles, agreeing with me. Axel calls her over, and she drags me along with her, and I pretend Michael doesn't look at the two of us like some sort of horny teenage boy.

Emilio glances at me as I sit down beside Amaiah, who is practically eye-fucking Axel.

If he didn't want me coming to these parties, he should've thought about that before making all those poor choices in life.